Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
10/13/17 10:50 a.m.
feature_image

Subaru Imprezas are no strangers to stage rally. However, almost all of those rally-ready Subies feature all-wheel drive. Forum member HFmaxi is offering up his front-wheel-drive Subaru Impreza rally car, ready to go duke it out in the dirt—or pavement. The asking price? $12,000.

Read the rest of the story

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/13/17 11:04 a.m.

The car so nice you shared it twice? wink

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
10/13/17 11:22 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Well that's weird. I don't remember that happening before. Let's see what happens when I try to delet one of them.

randyzimmer
randyzimmer New Reader
10/13/17 2:24 p.m.

Kevin's really quick and he has the car developed well. You could do a lot worse.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
10/13/17 5:30 p.m.

In the U.K. and I'd assume Europe at large things like Vauxhall/Opel Novas were standard fare for young drivers to cut their teeth on. Colin McRae and Mark Higgins being two. This could be even more forgiving perhaps. smiley

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
10/13/17 5:34 p.m.

MkII Golfs were supposed to be good also. Google CCC and Ayrton Senna. http://www.racecar-engineering.com/articles/features/ayrton-senna-a-really-good-rally-driver/

smiley

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
10/13/17 6:26 p.m.

Kevin (usually with Matt Rhoades) have been campaigning that car for some time (true story, the first used rally tires I bought for the e30 back in 2012 were old/worn ones from that car). It's well-built, well-developed, and last year took first place overall (IIRC) at the mud-fest Waste Management Winter Rally (yeah, it beat the AWD cars). A lot of that is because Kevin is a great driver and Matt is a great Navi, of course. I also don't have any recollection of seeing that car broken by the side of a stage, which speaks again to the reliability of the build. Not sexy, but it's at worst "quite competitive" in the 2WD regional rallies.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LViguHCHHfOBkl1hfNjLtfjLiNHNfEulhmDZrYWoRAWOnOIEaLrtl0pbX7T5pwSm