1 2
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/25/17 7:03 p.m.
feature_image

Let’s just get right to the copy from the Craigslist ad on this one:

This is a 1994 Thunderbird with an all stock 4.6 V8 automatic drivetrain, power windows, power door locks, aftermarket remote CD player stereo, it has a 2010 SS Camaro front end and also Dodge Magnum rear wheel well flares and Dodge Magnum 18" rims with new …

Read the rest of the story

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/25/17 7:08 p.m.

It's like a reverse mullet.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/25/17 7:11 p.m.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
8/25/17 7:19 p.m.

So you started with cars I really did need (want) and then either it rapidly went down hill or I have worse taste than I thought.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
8/25/17 7:22 p.m.

Whoever buys this car will need to get ready to answer over and over again, "Hey, what kinda car is that?" That alone would keep me from purchasing. Looks like they did a pretty good job of piecing it together.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog New Reader
8/25/17 7:36 p.m.

The side view and roofline remind me of a Nascar body. The only Camaro looking feature is the grill.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/25/17 8:02 p.m.

He did it one piece at a time...

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
8/25/17 8:10 p.m.
Wall-e wrote: He did it one piece at a time...

It's cheaper that way.

Crackers
Crackers HalfDork
8/25/17 8:36 p.m.

In reply to Wall-e:

I wonder if his name is Sue.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/25/17 8:53 p.m.

Okay, Mr. Wallens, it has become clear to me that you're trolling us.

I, or anyone else, needs that like I (or anyone) need a '94 Cavalier, runs good just needs brake lines and a trans and four tires and a new windshield and there's no title, will trade for sportbike or lifted diesel truck

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/25/17 9:19 p.m.

No, I don't think I do.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/25/17 9:22 p.m.

I dig it. I dig it a lot.

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
8/25/17 9:23 p.m.

I'll give him credit for piecing things together pretty smoothly, but that's one weird looking car...proportions are all wrong, the front end looks huge compared to the rear, and the rear fender flares just look strange....

and then you also get that 80s-tastic interior that looked dated when it was new!

Type Q
Type Q SuperDork
8/25/17 11:49 p.m.

No. I do not need this.

You either need to increase or eliminate whatever meds you are on.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
8/26/17 12:06 a.m.

Good example of why I pick cars with style I already love and try to leave that aspect alone.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse SuperDork
8/26/17 12:53 a.m.

So... it's a cramit-chicken?

Will
Will UltraDork
8/26/17 6:49 a.m.

I own a Camaro.

I own a Thunderbird. Actually, if I'm being honest, I own four Thunderbirds (don't judge me).

But I've never felt the need to combine them. Still don't.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
8/26/17 7:24 a.m.

So what is it called?

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/26/17 8:13 a.m.
Sine_Qua_Non wrote: So what is it called?

Thundermullet

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/26/17 8:53 a.m.

For some strange reason I don't hate that. Change the interior to black and that would help it a lot. But over all it is kind of cool.

I admire people that do this stuff. Similar to the stance crowd. They are car people. They had a vision and executed it.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
8/26/17 8:58 a.m.

That automotive creation proves there really is an opioid problem in Philadelphia

penultimeta
penultimeta HalfDork
8/26/17 9:16 a.m.

This is a bad, but it's a well executed bad. It also just screams for something stupid to be done to it: like sticking a supercharged LS3 under there, custom inboard suspension bits, and giant 18x11 out back. Not that I recommend doing this, but if you're gonna do stupid, might as well go full stupid.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/26/17 9:26 a.m.
dean1484 wrote: I admire people that do this stuff. Similar to the stance crowd. They are car people. They had a vision and executed it.

Yep, I'll second that emotion. I also like the idea of stuffing it with a ton of power and just standing behind it.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
8/26/17 9:29 a.m.

Thundercougarfalconbird

penultimeta
penultimeta HalfDork
8/26/17 2:05 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: I admire people that do this stuff. Similar to the stance crowd. They are car people. They had a vision and executed it.

I can't agree with this more. Many people will never understand why one would want to take a perfectly driveable car, strip it down to bare essentials, and weave in and out of traffic cones in the blazing hot sun on a Saturday morning.

1 2

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
f41nfFpZ0hdmMUW5q69qr1x62xNTmdFTUUrPg6EqIPCqq3veicO8b2uY8xtLLaK5