Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
4/2/18 11:10 a.m.
feature_image

Yes, it may have been trumped on track by an electric Ferrari on an episode of Top Gear America, but this 1978 Ferrari 308 GTS has some major street cred. It's both well used—it has 119,000 miles on the clock—and well cared for. The seller says it has seen some upgrades, but all OEM parts are included in the sale. …

Read the rest of the story

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/2/18 12:02 p.m.

Ohh....And here I though the 458 GT-AM car from Krohn Racing was up for sale. That was White Stig's last pro race car (Ben Collins) I still have a canard from that car from the crash at COTA. 

hanknum
hanknum New Reader
4/3/18 11:19 a.m.

Thanks GRM for posting this.  I'm the owner and have had this for 24 years.  It is not a garage queen, but rather driven like Enzo intended...at least what I think he would have wanted.  Still in very good condition.  Please hit me up with any questions.

BTW GRM, love the magazine.

livinon2wheels
livinon2wheels GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/3/18 6:49 p.m.

pardon me while I wipe the drool from the end of my chin....I know they arent the fastest but they are cool and my guess is plenty fast enough. And civilized enough for regular use. Cant afford a car I cant drive regularly. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
4/4/18 7:17 a.m.

So if you guys could pile on and convince hankum that he NEEDS the R63 I could totally bring this home. My wife has somehow decided that's the only way I can bring it home. Something something greater fool something something. 

hanknum
hanknum New Reader
4/4/18 4:26 p.m.
jj said:

Were you at a car show in California last year?  If so I've seen it in person.  It's a clean car.

Hi JJ,

Went to a couple shows last year, which one?  Thanks for the compliment.

hanknum
hanknum New Reader
4/4/18 4:37 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

So if you guys could pile on and convince hankum that he NEEDS the R63 I could totally bring this home. My wife has somehow decided that's the only way I can bring it home. Something something greater fool something something. 

Hi Seth,

I wish there was a way we could make this work.  If I didn't buy the ML550 last year, then I'd be interested in the R63 as my DD and tow vehicle.  My ideal garage would be a ALFA 4C as my toy and a Q5 TDI as my DD and tow vehicle.  If I can't make the make the Alfa angle work, I'd be open to a Lotus, Viper, or something else fun.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have your R63 AND the CTS-V wagon, if room, funds, and wife were OK with it.  Anyone got any suggestions?

hanknum
hanknum New Reader
4/5/18 12:31 p.m.
livinon2wheels said:

pardon me while I wipe the drool from the end of my chin....I know they arent the fastest but they are cool and my guess is plenty fast enough. And civilized enough for regular use. Cant afford a car I cant drive regularly. 

Thanks livinon2wheels.

Surprised no one has mentioned anything about my Magnum PI Hawaiian shirt...

hanknum
hanknum New Reader
4/7/18 5:21 p.m.

In reply to jj :

Yep, that was me.  I'll probably be back at the show this year...hopefully in an Alfa 4C.  If I still have the 308, then I'll bring that and maybe hit you up on the autocrossing...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ev55eGVoXwFjKAd4XheJcZ2x8NKqujP7RbU9fcem6uzdmevMY6Qn1vHrW6utn8wz