1 2 3
Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
3/12/21 3:27 p.m.

Ever watch a TV show or movie and suddenly see a really cool car that makes you pause, rewind and watch the scene again while loudly exclaiming "Hey, it's a ___. What's it doing there?"

I'll go first (and it's probably pretty telling about me): The Volvo V60 Polestar in La La Land.

There's a short scene where it's being driven, but the POV is inside the car so you can't quite tell what it is until the scene above.

mdshaw
mdshaw Reader
3/12/21 4:20 p.m.

My Yellow '76 CVCC is in 2 - Opening scene of Back To The Future & Christine when Christine finds Buddy at the Quicky Mart.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/12/21 4:58 p.m.

Just 10 seconds into Wu-Tang CREAM

Cash rules everything around me.  Get the money.  Dolla-dolla-bill-y'all

BigIron
BigIron New Reader
3/12/21 5:22 p.m.

1970 Olds 442 W30 in Demolition Man.

Perhaps a bit more than a cameo, but unexpected versus the more common musclecars from that era they could have chosen.

Every car in the Rockford Files

Above is one of the lamest, but I swear that same Vega was in half the episodes. Good Stuff.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/12/21 8:31 p.m.

All About the  Benjamins. Ice Cube driving an Impala SS.

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
3/12/21 8:41 p.m.

In reply to Colin Wood :

Only one car trips my trigger. 
The modified Buick in the movie Topper. (Cary Grant 1937 ) 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
3/12/21 9:06 p.m.

In reply to wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) (Forum Supporter) :

I was watching a marathon of Rockford's and two episodes had the same scene of him flying by this Datsun parked on the side of the road.  I felt violated.  

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
3/12/21 9:11 p.m.

If you watch Rockford Files, Adam-12, CHiPs, or any of those shows from the 70s you'll notice the same cars showing up over and over again, they all used the same carpool of vehicles.

BigIron
BigIron New Reader
3/12/21 9:27 p.m.

Nacho's Javelin in Better Call Saul

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/12/21 9:41 p.m.

Lately, I've been binge watching Emergency! after midnight at the firehouse, mostly because of the old cars. 

Last night (S5, E2?) there was a Pantera parked across from Station 51 when they were rolling out for a call. 

Also, near the end of the series, there's a pale yellow '69 Camaro RS/SS that shows up in almost every episode. It's fun to play Find the Camaro. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
3/12/21 9:43 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

I loved that show.  I love making that alarm sound.  Squad 51, Squad 51...

Woody (Forum Supportum)
3/12/21 9:47 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

They can't use tones like that anymore, because guys were having heart attacks when they went off. Now they start low and build up gradually. 

NOT A TA
NOT A TA SuperDork
3/12/21 9:48 p.m.

When I was a kid, the cars that popped up on I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched were pretty cool.

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/12/21 9:56 p.m.

The 944 in "Get Out" was the first thing to come to mind for me.

mechanicalmeanderings
mechanicalmeanderings New Reader
3/12/21 10:09 p.m.

I watched the movie Hatari because I read about the FC jeeps in the movie.

I don’t know about unexpected, but I have the dvd now, and make people watch it when they come over. 

Slippery (Forum Supporter)
Slippery (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/12/21 10:36 p.m.
mdshaw said:

My Yellow '76 CVCC is in 2 - Opening scene of Back To The Future & Christine when Christine finds Buddy at the Quicky Mart.

I just finished watching Back to the Future with my kids and saw your car!!! I pointed to them grandma had a yellow one just like that when I was a kid! So cool. 

Wxdude10 - Mike
Wxdude10 - Mike Reader
3/12/21 10:41 p.m.

Woody,

Where are you binging Emergency! from?  We used to watch it years ago.  Our old neighbor is a paramedic and we talked about it.  He said they watched it at the station. Called it "Training".  Would love to find it again.  

buzzboy
buzzboy Dork
3/12/21 10:53 p.m.

The purposeful continuit error in Machete was fantastic, switching back and forth between a W220 and a W116

mainlandboy
mainlandboy Reader
3/13/21 12:58 a.m.

In reply to Colin Wood :

Speaking of La La Land, my first car was a 1978 Toyota Corolla Coupe, so I was ecstatic to see one in the highway intro scene of La La Land:

BenB (Forum Supporter)
BenB (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
3/13/21 4:52 a.m.

In Blazing Saddles, right before the brawl spills out of the studio front gates, an MGB GT like one I used to own drives by. I always forget to look for the pedestrian who accidentally got into the shot because I'm busy looking for the MG.

stroker
stroker UberDork
3/13/21 6:14 a.m.

Funny you should ask the question...  I just watched "The Sting" with my 13 year old daughter.   I really liked the cars, specifically the one owned by Robert Shaw's character, but I had no idea what kind it was.  I did a search and IMDB says it's a one-of-a-kind 1935 V-12 Pierce Arrow.  Dunno if that's true but it's a handsome car albeit not having much room in the back seat.  

Woody (Forum Supportum)
3/13/21 7:16 a.m.
Wxdude10 - Mike said:

Woody,

Where are you binging Emergency! from?  We used to watch it years ago.  Our old neighbor is a paramedic and we talked about it.  He said they watched it at the station. Called it "Training".  Would love to find it again.  

You Tube TV on a Firestick.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
3/13/21 7:27 a.m.

In another episode of Emergency!, Johnny and Roy decide to trade cars. Roy has a Porsche 356 and John has a Land Rover.

mdshaw
mdshaw Reader
3/13/21 8:04 a.m.

Has anyone else seen the episode of The Virginian where the camera pans the homestead and there is a 70's Ford pickup?  It was so wierd I just sat staring at the TV wondering how that made it past the editors. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ufZ9XS80dTkS11JS384UbHHxUsp4ZrDurqYH9fPikKWtmkEVwkKSTyUditoBVSKr