1 2 3
preach (fs)
preach (fs) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/13/21 9:45 a.m.

Get Smart Opel GT:

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
3/13/21 9:50 a.m.

I like watching for the times when Commissioner Reagan on Blue Bloods magically teleports into a different SUV partway through his trip, then back again.

Back in the day, I enjoyed how a close-up shot of a Plymouth speedometer (clear numbers, easy to read) would be edited into a chase scene to show us how fast some other kind of car was going.

Nobody in the room with me at the time seems to appreciate these observations.  Weird.

kb58
kb58 SuperDork
3/13/21 9:56 a.m.

"The Gods Must be Crazy" has a scene where a car's backing out of a driveway, and Bam, "Hey, that's a Datsun 1200!" like I had at the time. Some much for a willing suspension of disbelief.

kb58
kb58 SuperDork
3/13/21 10:00 a.m.
mdshaw said:

Has anyone else seen the episode of The Virginian where the camera pans the homestead and there is a 70's Ford pickup?  It was so wierd I just sat staring at the TV wondering how that made it past the editors. 

Found it for you: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0740950/goofs

"About 52 minutes into the episode, Elizabeth has a conversation with Trampas in front of the ranch then rides up the road on her horse. In plain view to the right of the dirt road is a 60s pickup truck;"

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/13/21 10:11 a.m.

Brooklyn 99 has an outdoor shot they use regularly before a scene in the precinct. There's a Mercedes Wagon that catches me every time.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/13/21 12:01 p.m.

How about the Porsche 911 Targa featured in Friends? 

I never watched the show, but when we were looking for our 911, this very car came up for sale--and the price was very fair. But we wanted a coupe, so we didn't call or anything. Still, would have been cool. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/13/21 1:20 p.m.

914s in 9 to 5.

David S. Wallens
3/13/21 1:22 p.m.

Does the Alfa in Fletch count? 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
3/13/21 1:46 p.m.

I enjoyed Albert Brooks driving around in his '68 912 in Modern Romance.  

johndej
johndej Dork
3/13/21 1:59 p.m.

An Education promently features a sweet Bristol 405

Vajingo
Vajingo HalfDork
3/13/21 2:53 p.m.

I feel like old movies don't count. All old cars were fun/cool/amazing. It's a real treat if you get something before 2005 in a modern day movie. 

Iusedtobefast
Iusedtobefast Reader
3/13/21 3:02 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

Cozi channel plays Emergency. Here in Chicago it's on Monday thru Friday at 11am and noon, then on Saturday evenings at 5. Love that show and trying to figure out the background cars is a fun game to play.

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT Dork
3/13/21 7:46 p.m.

In "Spy Game" I always thought it was a 911 but the internets say it was a 1968 912.  Great Fuchs, too.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/13/21 8:08 p.m.

Ferrari F40 in Girls und Panzer.

A show about "school ships" the size of moderate sized islands, where children got into WWII vintage tanks and shot the hell out of each other, and the plot device was they were going to have to shut the school down because of a lack of money.

Pete. (l33t FS)
3/13/21 8:11 p.m.

More camera-based, apparently there is a movie called War Dogs where people are sitting on a Grand National.

Full scene

hoots04
hoots04 New Reader
3/13/21 8:38 p.m.

1983 Ford Laser in Golgo 13

https://www.imcdb.org/v001376252.html

David S. Wallens
3/13/21 9:42 p.m.

Another Chevy Chase movie: How about the Lancia Beta Coupé that he drove in Modern Problems? 

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
3/13/21 10:22 p.m.

In Emergency, Johnny drove a sweet two door Land Rover that popped up once in a great while.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/13/21 10:50 p.m.

Subaru SVX in the movie "Fireproof".

Ok, I cheated a little. I was the special effects coordinator, and that was MY SVX. 

I snuck in an additional oddity. The wreck between the SVX and the Kia left parts scattered in the road. In the middle of the shot was the intake from an EFI Yugo. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
3/14/21 9:24 a.m.
SVreX (Forum Supporter) said:

Subaru SVX in the movie "Fireproof".

Ok, I cheated a little. I was the special effects coordinator, and that was MY SVX. 

I snuck in an additional oddity. The wreck between the SVX and the Kia left parts scattered in the road. In the middle of the shot was the intake from an EFI Yugo. 

My sincerest car-dork/movie-dork hope is that you did that specifically to see if there was anyone nerdy and dorky enough to say "Hey. that's an intake manifold from a completely different car!  Not only would it not fall off in a crash, it shouldn't be there at all!  I am going to write an angry post on my blog"

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
3/14/21 12:47 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

That's absolutely why I did it!! Haha!!

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
3/14/21 12:50 p.m.

...and to my great disappointment, no one has ever said anything about it to me. 

I've has lots of people saddened by the "fact" that I wrecked an SVX for the movie and mad at me (I didn't. I drove it home that day without a scratch on it. Theatrical magic). But no one has ever commented on the Yugo intake. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
3/14/21 1:13 p.m.

I've always been impressed with Back to the Future3, where Doc and Marty blow up the fuel injection, and it is the correct fuel distributor assembly for the DeLorean that hits the ground.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
3/14/21 4:03 p.m.

BTW...

That SVX in "Fireproof" was a 5 spd. manual. devildevil

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
3/14/21 5:32 p.m.
Iusedtobefast said:

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

Cozi channel plays Emergency. Here in Chicago it's on Monday thru Friday at 11am and noon, then on Saturday evenings at 5. Love that show and trying to figure out the background cars is a fun game to play.

then notice the streets , its filmed mostly in the san fernando  valley (Valley Girls) and you see the same RR tracks on many shows , 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tFhMZmUhYfJ17lXCoPQo6myaJSH8poImMfTc8uGlIHWWMDxJSgNkars0Ukbftco3