Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
5/6/20 9:15 a.m.
feature_image

Some projects can simple, like refurbishing plastic chrome trim. Other projects, however, can be more complex like user 275nart's ambitions of turning a Volvo P1800 into a replica of a Ferrari 275 GTB.

Read the rest of the story

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/6/20 11:30 a.m.

I changed the rear wiper arm on my mom's CRV and thought THAT was a lot of work.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/6/20 12:21 p.m.
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) said:

I changed the rear wiper arm on my mom's CRV and thought THAT was a lot of work.

Sames. 

Colin Wood
5/6/20 12:57 p.m.

I always dream of taking on a massive project like this, but then I remember the number of times I've taken a car to a "professional" because of something outside of my wheelhouse.

I'll stick to living vicariously through projects like this one.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
5/6/20 1:08 p.m.

In reply to Colin Wood :

Stop dreaming and just jump into the deep end. That is what I did and lived to tell the tale. Experience and skills are the byproduct of swimming with sharks.

What is the absolute worst that could happen? You lose a few grand and know more than you do now. Go for it.

Colin Wood
5/6/20 2:00 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

Good point. I've definitely thought about just buying a car that doesn't run well/doesn't run and tinkering on it.

Then I remember my lack of driveway, student debt and a wife that wouldn't understand why I would buy a broken car (I'm working on the last one, though).

Someday, for sure.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
5/6/20 2:34 p.m.

In reply to Colin Wood :

You have to buy one that works, then you can fix it till it's broke!

But yeah...the driveway thing. THAT is a problem.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XhkPKRSWtWrv9CrADs2LzeZkiBlmu2bmtiXqXuaaSmORpsNRBhkOYZuNyGr9FCWl