Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
2/10/21 8:22 a.m.
feature_image

“Loud and slow and very small” may not sound like positive descriptors for a car, but it is those very reasons why forum user white_aversion likes this diesel-powered VW Rabbit Pickup project.

Although many of us might not remember the exact moment a car became a project, white_aversion does:

“I drove it around for a bit and really enjoyed it …

Read the rest of the story

ChrisTropea
ChrisTropea Associate Editor
2/10/21 8:51 a.m.

I have always wanted a VR6 swapped Caddy. Ill definitely be following this build. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/10/21 9:53 a.m.

The Enkeis look perfect with the green. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/10/21 1:40 p.m.

Just noticed the side exhaust. 

white_averson
white_averson New Reader
2/10/21 2:08 p.m.

This is great! Thanks for the feature! And I'd rather not talk about the cracked windshield lol

Tk8398
Tk8398 Reader
2/10/21 10:54 p.m.

I know someone who has one of those that is lifted with a TDI swap and a lumber rack lol.

bkwanab
bkwanab New Reader
2/11/21 8:56 p.m.

Of course you could just build a VW Ute as I did.  Take one hail damaged 2006 VW Jetta 2.0T, remove the car bit from the B pillar back and install a rear cab and bed kit from Smyth.

This is a Smyth brochure picture but mine looks very similar except I installed all the GTI plastic.  A 2.0 FSI turbo with the DSG box means it goes like heck and really hauls the goods when asked.

Who could possibly want a diesel rattle box when you could zoom around in something like this.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4M2AMgkNFoCqooap6wmKcdz9KdOLGWd1I0yIbMIs15jiEng7LLVqW2vBdA161AYA