Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
1/30/18 12:14 p.m.
feature_image

Forum member AAZCD is one brave soul. They purchased this Porsche Boxster S sight unseen on an internet auction site. The listing warned of flood damage from Hurricane Harvey, no keys available with the car, and actually listed the car as a possible biohazard. After purchasing the car, AAZCD found out the car had actually been almost completely submerged. To …

Read the rest of the story

kb58
kb58 SuperDork
1/30/18 12:29 p.m.

Nope, just thinking about the water getting into any and every corrosion-sensitive area, I just can't. Hell, the frame's probably already rusting from the inside out. Rather build a car from scratch than take on something like that.

AAZCD
AAZCD New Reader
2/1/18 3:17 p.m.

In reply to kb58 :

I grew up in the Northeast US and can understand your fear. I have sad memories of seeing cars rot away while they still drove great (my dad's Celica GT). Do you know how these cars are made? The entire body is galvanized, dipped in primer, and sealed. The only rust that I have heard of on the unibody of these is from collision damage that was poorly repaired. Frame??? Rust??? No. I don't consider myself an expert, but I have been ...intimate with these cars.

A pic of when I was just starting to cut my parts car for scrap:

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KiHnmReoZ7JlTMMnBkZ1RROwc9a3nfizUtKdlbaDkdI5n0QQWwFxOn1kwfLUrvwB