The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
10/19/17 9:16 a.m.

Story and photos by Zachary Mayne

Dave Scholz’s friends tell him he’s lucky when it comes to acquiring Datsun Z-cars, and it’s easy to see why. Not one, but two classic 240Zs have wandered into his life with minimal effort on Dave’s part—and for very little cash.

“My first Z came to me by luck,” he explains. “I had brought …

Read the rest of the story

tlott01
tlott01
10/21/17 10:17 a.m.

Wow. Just WOW!

Trackmouse
Trackmouse SuperDork
10/21/17 11:29 a.m.

This happened to me (kind of). I was at a customer’s House with a co worker. The coworker and customer are a few decades older than me, so naturally they are ignoring the young guy in the room. Out of the blue, the customer says “hey do you want a car?” My coworker (a man with zero knowledge of cars and zero passion for it) says “SURE!”  We go to the garage, there sits a ‘73 S30! I begin oozing my knowledge of these cars and how I’ve owned several and was looking for one to restore. The customer gives it to my coworker. My coworker oinks like a pig the whole way back to the shop. He hallucinates about restoring the car and I offer to help him with that. I also told him if he wants to sell it, LET ME KNOW! Six months goes by, and the ass sells it to some guy on Craigslist after doing absolutely nothing with the car other than allowing to sit in the rain and further the rust out. /rant. 

bobpink
bobpink New Reader
10/24/17 1:01 p.m.

Nice to get more of the story behind this car.

It's also featured here:

https://petrolicious.com/films/dare-to-be-different-in-a-datsun-240z

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FY103NXTWoO2w5O4ko7gYkAvSRnbvnQJp2SFv4Tj1cBtf6ehEdVEhsaQoVrMleZE