1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16
Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/22/20 3:57 p.m.

Thought of something you could grab that might be worth some coin that isn't difficult to remove.  Both of these are spring mounts for a ninth gen F150, the one on the left is for a sway bar equipped truck.  You used to be able to find them in LMC and other truck magazines, but I can't find them anymore.  Not sure if that means the supply or the demand is gone.

I'd grab the end links as well

Other than normal tools, you'll need a 1-1/8" wrench to get the nut off the perch.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/22/20 4:06 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

I can't find any on ebay to guage a value on them.

Mr_Asa
7/22/20 4:07 p.m.

Yeah, I'm trying to dig up the actual part number.  The word combos I'm using aren't pulling anything up

Mr_Asa
7/22/20 4:22 p.m.

Here we go, "Spring Seat"

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-seat-spring_f2tz-5a307-a.html

There is a left and right, difference in the part number is the last digit, A and B

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/22/20 7:20 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

poopshovel offers much better bribes.

I can shift without the knob so a hug is all I'm offering.

Stampie (FS)
7/22/20 7:43 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

I mean it is kinda like a hug.  If it makes you feel better you can call it a hand hug.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/22/20 10:21 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

That doesn't make me feel better.

WillG80
WillG80 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/28/20 12:11 a.m.

A few from U-Pull in Colorado Springs today. 

This VW was in particularly good shape given that the tin worm has eaten most. The only rust I saw was at the bottom of the windshield. No engine or trans.

Boxster w/ engine and manual trans. Still in tact. Interior is worn. Swap options for the drivetrain? 

Nice Rabbit. Koni Reds on the back, fronts were missing.

others

Stampie (FS)
7/28/20 7:42 a.m.

In reply to WillG80 :

That's a Volvo 145 isn't it?  I haven't seen one of those in a long time.  Think I'm about to go down the rabbit hole of turbobrick again.

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/28/20 7:53 a.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

In reply to WillG80 :

Think I'm about to go down the rabbit hole of turbobrick again.

Do it. 

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
ZOO (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/28/20 2:17 p.m.

Is Colorado the mecca of cool, rust free stuff?  I've been twice in my life (its one of my favourite states), and it seems to be so.

Mr_Asa
9/2/20 2:21 p.m.

Nirvana was not found in any of the 4 junkyards I went to today.  The truck that was put in the yard yesterday was already stripped of 80% of the interior.  None of the other trucks had what I wanted.

I did find a pretty complete manual trans Aerostar.  Two or three sets of 706 LSx heads that I may return for, and one of these guys.  I may head back for the Carter 1bbl carb on this guy

johndej
johndej Dork
10/3/20 6:59 p.m.

couple of automatic 325i's today

Stampie (FS)
10/3/20 8:00 p.m.

In reply to johndej :

That coupe looks to nice to be in a yard.  I hate walking up on a car thinking man I would have bought that for twice what the yard paid.

johndej
johndej Dork
10/3/20 8:10 p.m.

It was on Craigslist for like $1k I think for a while, last on the road in 08. Had this ding on side and a couple scratches further down

Both comfort interior.

I got fender/bumpers/taillights/washer bottle/MAF/cluster/drivers door seal off it

Stampie (FS)
10/3/20 8:21 p.m.

In reply to johndej :

I assuming the yard paid like $300 for it.  I saw an auto 325is Thursday.  I left my number with the guys mom.  Doubt I'll hear back from them.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
10/4/20 2:19 p.m.

Hope I can pop in with some of the goofy stuff I recently did!

I popped down to my local yard because of two vehicles in particular- a 74 Charger and a 2016 Fusion Hybrid. I wanted to steal some electrical parts from the Hybrid in particular; OEM hybrid vehicles use cables of serious quality, capable of running high amps and volts for years. For 30 whole bucks, I walked off with about ~10 feet of serious cable for both lithium hybrid battery and the 12v Lead acid. I need to measure and research it to see what it can all take, but the battery cabling is ~16 gauge or so I think. It's shocking how much usable stuff is in these hybrids for non-car work, like home built jumpers or welding wire. I also snagged some of the wiring harness for my tractor.

Anyway, the Charger. 318 2-barrel auto with factory AC, its well optioned and still has most of it's parts and glass. Looking at it from afar, it seems like the prior owner wanted to fix it but kept having troubles in his life and eventually ditched it, or passed and the family got rid of it without any title. Tons of stuff in this area ends up here because nobody is willing to do any footwork for official paperwork, even though our laws are so comprehensive that even salvaged vehicles can be put back on the road assuming you've signed the "THIS IS A REALLY BAD IDEA BUT OKAY BRO" papers.

Why "his" tho? I found all their divorce paperwork in the car. I also found a junky rifle sight, and if that doesn't define a Dodge I don't know what else. Maybe a spent case of crushed  beer cans in the trunk? Still-usable shotgun shells? Those weird, gendered "masculine" butt wipes?

After that, I helped a guy with an Impala assuring the junkyard gods and their karma. Also checked out this together MGB- the SU carb is still attached and the car is complete. It's here because the floor is just gone.

Should I grab the SU carb guys? I have no use for it yet, but it would be nice to learn on something- and I know from reading ya'lls posts that they're some of the simplest around.

I nabbed the cables with some help from the guy prior- I didn't need it, but he was cool to talk to while I crawled around. The yard has long taken it's lithium battery, but the cables were top and with his help it was removed in ~10 minutes.

After this, found a party bus that had ended up here. Total wannabe shaggin' wagon, I kind you not that the roof- pics don't do it justice- was handbuilt from oil drums. The loon cut them into quarters to extend the roofline and welded steel inbetween, then "sealed" everything using spray paint to do some faux blue sky sunny day.

So many seats! for all ya'lls "Friends"! I swear officer!

Finally, I found the reason why this Already-burned man APC was here: The brilliant owner- for some reason, I'd love to know- had to jack basic plumbing parts into his engine bay and coolant system for it's 350 mill. Can you say "Galvanic Corrosion"? I can. This led to one of those great moments where a language barrier doesn't matter to humor- a couple friends, both Hispanic, saw me laughing and checked out the van and it's job, then saw the engine bay too and started laughing harder. I have no idea what they said, but I think they were pointing out even more jank that I couldn't see. This also doesn't get into the interior and it's goodwill-inspired sound system, but that's more because of the holes in my knowledge.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
10/4/20 5:13 p.m.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

That is an MG Midget 1500, not a B, and if stock (many are not) it had the Stromberg that looks like an SU but fails frequently.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
10/4/20 11:45 p.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

Good to know, thanks

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
10/5/20 11:10 a.m.
johndej said:

It was on Craigslist for like $1k I think for a while, last on the road in 08. Had this ding on side and a couple scratches further down

Both comfort interior.

I got fender/bumpers/taillights/washer bottle/MAF/cluster/drivers door seal off it

The ellipsoid headlights are worth anywhere between $100 to $200. Unfortunately, the scrap yard may charge you an arm & a leg because they're a complete headlight assembly.  When I found mine the cashier took pity on my and only charged me for a fog light assembly

johndej
johndej Dork
10/8/20 9:33 p.m.

In reply to Hoondavan :

I would have grabbed them but another guy showed up while I walked over to look at the other one. He ended up with them, the stock radio, and surrounding plastics. Ended up loaning me a torx/allen wrench to pull the whole bumper off to just grab them in one piece.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/9/20 11:55 a.m.

No good finds in the yard today.  I've gotten to where I don't even bring in my tools without walking through first.  I miss the old environmentally unfriendly junkyards

Did find someone's pile o cams, though

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
10/9/20 3:19 p.m.

I always take tools even when I have never been to somewhere.

Case in point: the holy grail of manual steering boxes, IMO.

straight from a fresh on the yard S10. It was an adventure getting the linkage off without power tools in the truck...

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/9/20 3:22 p.m.

I might've phrased that poorly.  I leave the tools in the truck till I get a chance to walk the yard and see if they're needed.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
10/14/20 3:25 p.m.

It wasn't 100F yet here in Phoenix, so I went to yet another PnP I hadn't visited yet.... 

All I went for was a taillight, so nothing but some pliers and screwdrivers...

I made a wrong turn first into the DCX section... Or so I thought.

Yep, a 2.4 swapped 2dr neon, with a 5spd! I was disappointed that the intake was missing....

But then I looked on the other side...

How about a Hedman header? I plan to go back tomorrow for it and some other things. wink

Then I finally was able to get over to the Ford section for the taillight I needed...

So how about a rare 2wd Explorer 2dr with a 5spd?

Then there were plenty of Navigators with 5.4 4v's ready to be plucked, a single 4.6 4v Aviator plus the sea of horribly maintained LS's...

1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8cSTw7LqRc3I8hA1hBplJJh4ovExRTAAPjFhnV4gDK11brqrvP62VxVNdyO7yZyM