stroker
stroker New Reader
3/11/09 6:36 p.m.

Can MS be used with 2-stroke engines? I'm thinking of ditching the carbs on my GT750 project if it can...

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
3/11/09 8:24 p.m.

I don't know about 2-stroke, but I believe Doc Hess did a Megasquirt to his wife's sportster

CrackMonkey
CrackMonkey Reader
3/12/09 8:29 a.m.

I don't see why not - assuming you can find a TB and injector setup that fits, and have all the required sensors. You would also have to ensure you have enough juice to run the ECU and possibly a fuel pump (not sure if Dr Hess used a pump or not).

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt HalfDork
3/12/09 11:51 a.m.

Yes, it can. The guy you're thinking of is Andy Whittle; he favors using mass air flow sensors on 2 strokes as they don't get a very steady MAP signal.

skierd
skierd Dork
3/12/09 2:15 p.m.

I think water buffalo's use oil-injection like the rest of the GT line, meaning the carbs only handle gasoline. That should make a MS setup a little easier.

therex
therex SuperDork
3/13/09 8:54 p.m.

There's a link out there to a MegaSquirted RD350 or RZ350 or something.

I'll see if I can dig it up.

therex
therex SuperDork
3/13/09 8:59 p.m.
therex wrote: There's a link out there to a MegaSquirted RD350 or RZ350 or something. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Found it!

First, look here:

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/spockets-day-dreaming-2-cycle-power-and-mega-squir/3812/page1/

But the real meat in there is:

http://www.rzrd500.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1899

stroker
stroker New Reader
3/14/09 8:21 p.m.

Cool! Thanks!

I'll probably stick with the carbs just to get it running, but perhaps if the financial and time Gods smile upon me...

stroker
stroker New Reader
3/15/09 8:59 a.m.

I'd never call it "useless"...

N1XRR
N1XRR
3/15/09 9:40 a.m.
racinginc215 wrote: I think the biggest concern is an injector that will spray the gas oil mix. But as I recall there was a guy on the www.MSRuns.com that was doing a sea doo 2 cylinder 2 stroke. His name was Andy White or something to that effect.

Not a problem, RX7's do it all the time.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Wb4UP6DfQIA8bMOTJQu7I1UcYZdIHsXYPomPOa0wRqZnIvITYcVdkWbzWdH9DmlM