Patientzero
Patientzero Dork
3/1/22 7:53 p.m.

I've had my eye on one of these bikes for the better part of the last year and the local dealership had too good of on offer to pass up.    I currently have a Monster 797, it's a neat little bike.  Last of the air-cooled trellis frame Monsters but it's pretty lacking in, well, everything.

This bike goes to the extreme opposite and is just over the top.  It's a 2020 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory.  It has the most heavenly sound I've ever heard come out of a stock tailpipe paired with electronic adjustable Ohlins.  It's bonkers how good this bike is.  I got to ride it for about an hour today before work and I can't stop giggling.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
3/1/22 9:50 p.m.

Aprilia makes some serious hardware. Awesome bike. 

Wow; congrats! I'm jealous; that's an awesome choice! 

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
3/2/22 8:10 a.m.

Congrats!

I thought long and hard about getting a used Tuono several years ago. Haven't had the pleasure of riding one. They sound wonderful.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/2/22 8:58 a.m.

Love it!

Patientzero
Patientzero Dork
3/2/22 5:15 p.m.

I rode it to work today, about 45 min on the highway, the cruise control is wonderful.  The seat is much more comfortable than my Monster, it's basically flat with tons of room to move around and reposition.  Slightly more wind protection than the Monster but nothing to write home about.  Biggest complaint so far is I need some tank grips to help hold on.  The acceleration(and braking) is NO JOKE.  

*Also, the Ohlins are phenomenal as expected.  This is the second bike I've had with Ohlins, the first was my 2002 CBR1100xx.  They are worth every penny.  I also put a Penske shock on my FZ07 and it completely transformed that bike too.  

I don't know how long this Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa is going to last but it is STICKY.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pQj2CmM0KLTzC5RMqCWkHdYmwhjnHWT6WzPUgSIdnDP5ti4eJv8ve6Zhtz34uUEQ