stoptheeconobox
stoptheeconobox New Reader
11/13/09 10:44 a.m.

I was just thinking about something new in the two-wheeled world. the hypermoped. it's a moped, with a top speed of over 80 mph, launch control, an a turbo, for under six grand. would you like to build one?

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
11/13/09 11:31 a.m.

STEB......are you another bot?

sundancevette
sundancevette New Reader
11/13/09 12:07 p.m.

Actually Grtechguy, we are all bots. You are the only one one the forums who is human. It is all one giant marketing scheme specifically aimed at you.

By the way, did you know:

Paranoia is a thought process heavily influenced by excessive anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion. Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs concerning a perceived threat towards oneself. In the original Greek, παράνοια (paranoia) simply means madness (para = outside; nous = mind). Historically, this characterization was used to describe any delusional state.

Capt Slow
Capt Slow Reader
11/13/09 12:38 p.m.

Whats up with all the spam bots lately? I wonder what their purpose is. They are not actually spamming anyone with posts like this...

slefain
slefain Dork
11/13/09 12:39 p.m.

Capt Slow
Capt Slow Reader
11/13/09 12:41 p.m.

After looking at his other posts he doesn't appear to be a spambot

Capt Slow
Capt Slow Reader
11/13/09 12:46 p.m.

Speaking of Turing test has anyone played with cleverbot ?

It can be creapy from time to time. Particulary when it told me that "things will be better when your assimilated"

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/13/09 3:26 p.m.
stoptheeconobox wrote: I was just thinking about something new in the two-wheeled world. the hypermoped. it's a moped, with a top speed of over 80 mph, launch control, an a turbo, for under six grand. would you like to build one?

My Garelli should be capable of 45 when it's done, which is already scary fast on something that basically has bicycle tires.

Oh, that's right, I was going to debunk the 'hypermoped'. It would be useless with a turbo, unless it was a 4-stroke in which case it would have to be a motorcycle-sized engine. I've putzed around with the specs on a Mitsubishi TD-02 for a possible build, they are pretty much the smallest turbo ever made, and they need a 400cc bare minimum to spool effectively. Launch control would be hard to implement and pointless anyways, as I've never seen a moped that's a real torque monster. There are already sub-6k mopeds that can hit 80, Google "Sachs MadAss".

Otherwise, they already make something that has everything you asked for minus the pedals, turbo, and launch control.

It's called a 'motorcycle'.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver SuperDork
11/13/09 3:32 p.m.

Interestingly, they offer N20 (nnnnnnaaaaahhhhhhhhhsssssssss if you watch too much FastNfurrious) kits for my 49cc tomos A5.

but whats the bloody point? Im shopping for a dualsport as it seems to be the best compromise (and I have taken the mopeds to places they never should have been taken..)

sundancevette
sundancevette New Reader
11/13/09 4:47 p.m.
SlickDizzy wrote:
stoptheeconobox wrote: I was just thinking about something new in the two-wheeled world. the hypermoped. it's a moped, with a top speed of over 80 mph, launch control, an a turbo, for under six grand. would you like to build one?
My Garelli should be capable of 45 when it's done, which is already scary fast on something that basically has bicycle tires. Oh, that's right, I was going to debunk the 'hypermoped'. It would be useless with a turbo, unless it was a 4-stroke in which case it would have to be a motorcycle-sized engine. I've putzed around with the specs on a Mitsubishi TD-02 for a possible build, they are pretty much the smallest turbo ever made, and they need a 400cc bare minimum to spool effectively. Launch control would be hard to implement and pointless anyways, as I've never seen a moped that's a real torque monster. There are already sub-6k mopeds that can hit 80, Google "Sachs MadAss". Otherwise, they already make something that has everything you asked for minus the pedals, turbo, and launch control. It's called a 'motorcycle'.

Actually, turbocharging can work quite well on 2-strokes, but it is a tuning nightmare. I think Detroit Diesel did it with some of their big 2-strokes as early as the 40's. I seem to even remember some company putting a turbo on a chainsaw. It's possible, not really practical.......or safe.....but possible.

44Dwarf
44Dwarf HalfDork
11/14/09 2:32 p.m.

Not sure how fast i got the moto-marni up to on nitro meth with NO2 before the melt down but i smoked two clutches before the rod snaped and exited the motor after it cut the cases in half......been meening to build another one for a few years but other projects come 1st.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7Up6kyWaFwLq2Pr88z6ZnSkVgBIdE9cB58kuW0MEeVWeO92LZ5MF8MUoyTx5kN9Z