1 ... 9 10 11

Excellent. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
9/29/22 1:01 p.m.

Now that you've had it a while, if you could only have one bike......?

Still love the drz. I'd still say is almost perfect for what I like to do. 

In reply to Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) :

Umm...isn't there supposed to be a few more parts...like maybe a second cable? laugh

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/29/22 10:48 p.m.

In reply to ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) :

I think so, a fresh set of cables seem to have been the fix. 

Zeta hand gaurds, and zeta fork mounts are literally the best. 

10/18/22 1:51 p.m.

Photo from the poker run Saturday. 

11/8/22 11:54 a.m.

Drz got new rotors, pads and some new motul 660. Old rear rotor had some grooving and front got what I believe is a heat crack. 

11/28/22 7:14 a.m.

Rode the drz a bunch over the past week. Things that I'd like to note: 

Cockpit is quite good at this point, nothing I'd change currently. 

GPR-300s have absolutely impressed me, where a better tore than me at the few track days I have done, awesome on the street and more grip than I'd ever think in the rain, and have been wearing like iron for a pretty sticky tire. I got a set of q5s setting in the basement for it but idk of I even wanna use them.

Bored at work and made some swingarm bolt covers. 

New year new graphics. 

4,000 miles later and only real thing to note is a couple of oil changes, a new nelson Rigg tail bag and a coil took a E36 M3 on me. 

Did a track day and front brake got soft..... wonder why. 

Couple pics from Tennessee trip. Put almost a thousand miles on the poor thing over 4 days. 

Trying out different seats and a different carb. Picture of a basket for reference. 

GCrites
GCrites Dork
11/2/23 8:38 p.m.

That one is really obvious to people from around here. Not even going to call it

12/28/23 11:09 a.m.

Big helmet cleaning session. 

Adv bike. 

Some new storage solutions

Helicoil for side plate bolt. 

Stainless rear brake line. 

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/26/24 8:41 a.m.

I've read your thread twice now and it has greatly inspired me to go on the hunt for a DRZ or even a DR650. I wanna brap so bad. Amazing the prices these bikes command even in bad condition.

maschinenbau said:

I've read your thread twice now and it has greatly inspired me to go on the hunt for a DRZ or even a DR650. I wanna brap so bad. Amazing the prices these bikes command even in bad condition.

Drz400 and dr650s seem to be just absolutely crack smoking price used especially for such an old bike (I still love them). Honestly not sure what you are looking for in one, but my pro tip is to try to find either a super stock one, or one with everything you want parts wise already done. 

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/26/24 3:14 p.m.

There's a few beater DR650's under $3k near me but it seems like everything worth owning is asking $4k+. Sure looks like a fun bike though!

In reply to maschinenbau :

I have been eyeing a 2k dr650 for months now, it's a rough turd but has some cool parts id love to have. 4k seems like the average price for a decent one here also. 

Enjoy warm winter days. 

Plate sticker showed up a little late. But just in time for some bottom of the toolbox hardware. 

1 ... 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lMzSKyrjzVz0bVCtLPtkg8cQWa2tAJDcCRKZ5dTqnihQgHUdQXnc1wZTWiJ8lPh0