1 2
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/4/19 4:30 p.m.
A 401 CJ said:
MulletTruck said:

I have been involved with Hayabusas since 99. I had a 99 that I made into a big fat UJM and flipped quite a few. There is a bunch of power they left on the table that was cheap and easy to find. Biggest handling improvement was raising the rear a couple inches to get a better fork angle.

I always wondered what they looked like nekkid.  I always thought they’d make fantastic touring bikes if you could get past the looks.  Those things are hideous.

Check out the b-king. Suzuki did a factory that. I've only ever seen one for sale. 

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/4/19 5:11 p.m.

A B-King is even hideouser unless you can ditch the darth Vader exhaust 

A 401 CJ
2/4/19 5:15 p.m.

In reply to MulletTruck :

Yours looks better than a BK.  I’d like a way to keep the fairing but go with side by side round headlights like a Fireblade (CBR-900).  That’d be cool.

A 401 CJ
2/4/19 5:18 p.m.

What does it take to swap an early Busa lump and box into a 1200 Bandit frame?

i know the Bandit is only oil cooled so—rad at least.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/4/19 5:38 p.m.

In reply to A 401 CJ :

I'm a fan of the bk- mostly because it's about the most ridiculous thing I can think of this side of an h2r. 

MulletTruck
MulletTruck HalfDork
2/5/19 9:40 a.m.
A 401 CJ said:

What does it take to swap an early Busa lump and box into a 1200 Bandit frame?

i know the Bandit is only oil cooled so—rad at least.

Pretty much just some fab skills, some welding. I have done two. Building the Bandit engine is usually easier and almost as powerful without having to deal with a cooling system.

Getting a Bandit 1250 is the way to go if you need a more modern engine, they bolt in and are an awesome mill. So much torque down low. I put one in a Legends car for a gal to drive on the street. It was a hoot! 

A guy I know has put Busa engines in 2 Kawasaki ZRX frames too. 

Garandman
Garandman New Reader
3/2/19 9:24 a.m.
oldopelguy said:

The least fun I ever had on a motorcycle was three hours on a brand new Hayabusa.  You can exceed every posted speed limit in second gear, then you just have to sit there shifting and not going any faster because you are the world's biggest ticket magnet. 

They are a joke at track days due to limited cornering clearance. Generally they come once:

Rocket past everyone on the straights.

Park in the corners.

Get talked to by the control riders.

Then never come back because they can’t afford to replace the tires and chain.  

(I was going for a Haiku, failed)

https://providence.craigslist.org/mcy/d/chicopee-suzuki-hayabusa-08/6829082645.html

Custom 08" Hayabusa Suzuki!! *Clean title. 
*12k miles. 
*Custom Paint Job! 
Also has rear plastic seat cover that matches and blends into paint job!
*Custom seats covers; driver & passenger!
*All Billet Accessories!
*Brock muffler!
*Lights with over 12 Colors and different flashes!
*360 Tire & Swing Arm!
*Chrome Rims!
*Air Suspension (Hydrologic; up & down)!
*Custom painted helmet to match Bike!

MulletTruck
MulletTruck HalfDork
3/4/19 11:00 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

I worked for Suzuki when the B-King came out. Had one as a company car for a while. The wild styling came from a young designer that wanted a "Transformer" looking bike. If you see it from above you can really see the influence.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BJV22H1MGYMdhpuOKKs3TGKNbhdZpvvDx0g55ETyqVfi51SAfdTHorTP1O0bVAD8