1 2
minimac
minimac SuperDork
5/23/16 6:10 a.m.

I had no problem getting my Elite to hit 70 with 240lbs of meatbag in the saddle. The ruckus though is based on the Reflex which was down a tad on power compared to the Elite. The Ruckus will really respond to lighter rollers9 or sliders), re-jetting the carb, and rear shock improvement. It sounds as though all that's left to do is hit the right weight rollers and the variator upgrade. You should easily see 70mph -if you want to. It should run comfortably at 60 - 65 (with a little left to spare) all day long. I prefer more wind protection than the Ruckus affords, but you made a great score. I'm sure you've already been to the Total Ruckus site. lots of information there.

OldDog
OldDog
11/12/20 1:13 p.m.

In reply to eastsidemav :

I bought a Big Ruckus about five years ago. It'd been parked since 2009 under a guys porch in Seattle with the fuel in the tank. Worst case of corrosion I've ever seen, in carb and bike. Could start it OK but could not get it to run well when applying throttle. Since in only had 2,500 miles on it and it passed the compression check and bleed down check I bought it and a new carb and fuel tank. Now five years later I'm just getting to installing them to get the bike running but like you I agree, they are so ugly they are cool. I've a niegbhor who wants to buy it as is for $4,200, not really receptive to that offer as I'd like to get it running and use it for the same type runs my neighbors use their big Kubota and John Deere side by sids yard hogs for, errand running. Will see as the new Honda Trail 125 looks enticing too.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
12/22/20 2:38 p.m.

Keep meaning to reply to this.  I lost my nerve for riding on the street a few years back, but I still have the Big Ruckus.  I think 2021 may be the year I get it back on the road and make the decision to either start riding regularly, or sell it.

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/22/20 2:40 p.m.

I used to have a little Ruckus. It takes more nerve to ride something with 50ccs in traffic. 

I want another one.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
12/22/20 2:48 p.m.
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) said:

I used to have a little Ruckus. It takes more nerve to ride something with 50ccs in traffic. 

I want another one.

I had one, too.  Loved it, but couldn't justify keeping it, as it was not fast enough to hit the speed limit on the road just outside my neighborhood.  My Buddy 125 was way more practical.

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/22/20 3:07 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

But the Buddy 175 was the real sleeper. It was the same size with more motor. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
12/22/20 3:11 p.m.

In reply to Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) :

My current Buddy is a 125 with a 150cc engine.  I have a 155cc I built with a performance cam and big valve head sitting under my workbench waiting to be installed and tuned.  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
E51gXehr0XB9dErE1ne38BIoHPDyxuG2uWxA7LcpLXIU2yfLqMoDn5bIr5BLKSDe