gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/14/22 8:29 a.m.

The batteries in Gunnerette Jr's eFtr won't hold a charge anymore after two years of abuse. They should be 12v 12ah lead acid cells from the factory probably? After getting frustrated with Amazon for disappearing the batteries I saved in my list YESTERDAY, I jumped over to Ebay and found the same size but 12v 15ah batteries for cheaper because of a current sale. My first thought after I purchased them was HA! berkeley off amazon. My second thought was I hope I'm not going to damage anything with the different ah capacity. My limited understanding is that being 15 ah they should run longer between needing charged but maybe I'm just not aware of other issues. Is there something else I should know or be aware of with these batteries before I plug them all up or am I good to go?

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/14/22 8:41 a.m.

No prob other than maybe package size. Voltage is voltage, you are correct, you are just adding more capacity and she is going to be able to scoot longer between charges. 

gunner (Forum Supporter)
10/14/22 6:42 p.m.

In reply to TJL (Forum Supporter) :

Sweet! Thanks!

gunner (Forum Supporter)
10/23/22 7:43 p.m.

A small hiccup developed when I got the original batteries out and attempted to disassemble the wiring to install it on the new batteries. So the OEM batteries terminals were glued down in addition to being soldered to the wire connectors, like super aggressive overuse of solder. I ended up going to the hardware store getting the appropriate connectors and cutting the wires off behind the terminals and assembling everything like it needed to be. I mean I could have bought pre wired batteries and probably would have if I had removed the batteries first and seen that but it all worked out. Now its all charged back up and ready to roll.

If anyone is interested it's these batteries- Razor 15165070 MX650 Dirt R Comp. VMAX V15-64 AGM VRLA 12V 15Ah Scooter Battery link  battery and connectors are 12ga fully insulated 1/4" female blade type.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KW7FWMwd1ytxu7qV80ZNiKrhf9g33yE83Svs7hj82TkdVLO5Q5d7eZ0Mq1j5uUIb