1 2
AquaHusky
AquaHusky Reader
9/22/13 5:12 p.m.

Got this from a guy at work a few months back. He ripped the wires off the ignition switch and couldn't figure out how to fix it. He gave up on it, I swooped in and got it. It's dumb fun, even if 32mph is the top speed.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
9/22/13 5:21 p.m.

needs a GRM sticker so it can be in the magazine as a pit bike

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/22/13 5:27 p.m.

$15 for anything that says "Honda" on it is a major score!

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
9/22/13 5:54 p.m.

As flexy as that front is, 32 mph is arguably terrifyingly fast.

Good deal. $15, can't go wrong!

AquaHusky
AquaHusky Reader
9/22/13 5:58 p.m.
JoeyM wrote: needs a GRM sticker so it can be in the magazine as a pit bike

I would LOVE to put a GRM sticker on it. But, I plan on repainting it soon when I do a little work to it this winter. Fresh paint in the spring would be nice for it.

Woody wrote: $15 for anything that says "Honda" on it is a major score!

Anything that averages 80 mpg and uses less than $3 a week in gas is a score. Good thing I live about 6-7 miles from work!

AquaHusky
AquaHusky Reader
9/22/13 6:01 p.m.
foxtrapper wrote: As flexy as that front is, 32 mph is arguably terrifyingly fast. Good deal. $15, can't go wrong!

There is someone who has built a couple that exceed 70 mph! Um, no. Not for me. 55 to 60 tops is good so that I don't have to wind it out to do 30 to 35.

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine HalfDork
9/22/13 6:15 p.m.

I flipped a scooter at 30mph. It hurt. Alot. Specially when it landed on my foot. Ill give you 20 for it. Lol

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
9/22/13 6:55 p.m.

Heck of a deal. I'd spring for a new seat cover, you'll still only be in it for a pittance.

AquaHusky
AquaHusky Reader
9/22/13 7:48 p.m.

Some of the foam has rubbed away, so I'll need a good used or new seat. I have found them, but I need new dampers at all corners of my truck first.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
9/22/13 8:47 p.m.

I have one of these sitting at the house.......it has a lot more miles on it though. Perhaps I should revive it someday.

benzbaronDaryn
benzbaronDaryn Dork
9/22/13 11:11 p.m.

That is sweet, good luck with it. I love little tiny scooters.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav Dork
9/23/13 10:11 a.m.

Sweet deal. Have fun

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke HalfDork
9/23/13 11:50 a.m.

You beat me and the deal I got on one 10 years ago! Tho mine was in a lot better shape. Got it for $80 IIRC. Was good times. I kinda want another one.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
9/23/13 12:15 p.m.

In reply to clutchsmoke:

I guess I should get mine running and try to pawn it off on you.....

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
9/23/13 12:26 p.m.
Woody wrote: $15 for anything that says "Honda" on it is a major score!

I have a Honda sticker for sale. Will be awaiting your $15 to ship..

AquaHusky
AquaHusky Reader
9/23/13 2:35 p.m.

I would like to get a few for parts if at all possible someday. This runs great, and has a large aftermarket for it, which surprised me.

Seen a vid on the youtube where a dude made a gokart with the drivetrain from one of these. Was neat. I might too if I am able to get a few for parts.

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
9/23/13 11:09 p.m.

Indestructible.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/24/13 12:03 a.m.

Ditchdigger used to have one of those, years and years ago.

I tried to do a donut on it in my folks' carport and rode it into the side of my 2002...

AquaHusky
AquaHusky Reader
9/24/13 3:56 a.m.

In reply to ransom:

Yeah, doughnuts don't work out well for these. At least, in stock form. My rear tire blowed out on my way home from work. This has put an urgency for me to get my truck back on the road. Sucks, but oh well.

BAMF
BAMF HalfDork
9/24/13 11:24 p.m.

Nice score!

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic SuperDork
9/25/13 6:47 a.m.

I have one of those, got it free when I was 10 or so, used it like a trail bike, still have it stashed in a shed someplace. Mine does 28 on level ground, maybe 30 if I tuck in. That front tire looks too big, throwing off your speed readings, should be a 2.5-10 IIRC, move it to the back or more speed.

If it get all death wobbly on you, you need to tighten up the steering bearings.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
9/25/13 10:21 a.m.

The tire looks normal to me, I'll look at the ones on my spree today when I go home.

AquaHusky
AquaHusky Reader
9/25/13 1:40 p.m.

The front is a little larger. It's a 80/90-10 IRC Jetty MB38. Factory size is 2.50-10. I went with the largest size that would fit since everyone seems to like this tire on their Spree. I will get the same for the rear with a HD innertube. My speedo isnt really off according to my GPS speedo.

So far, it rolls right with no wobbles. But,I still plan on a teardown of it this winter. Fresh grease in the bearings, a good washdown, and freshen up the engine and wire harness.

mistanfo
mistanfo UltraDork
10/3/13 7:53 p.m.

Great score!

slow
slow New Reader
10/3/13 8:56 p.m.

$15? Did you talked him down from $20 asking? It takes courage to ask and skill to get 25% discount on a $20 bike.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7IzfPgjBUw7ETX5uB94yqSqQ147LurMaxjCZdRXuei5fmZ6KFVitECudPtV1PLMO