Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
9/7/22 11:34 p.m.

It was a tough decision, but after driving a Tesla, Bolt, BMW I4 and a few other things, I ordered a new EV:

I'll keep everybody updated once it gets here!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/8/22 12:31 a.m.

Make sure to always ride on the sidewalk at top speed and never stop at a stopsign. Ever.

In reply to Appleseed :

I had a ~10 year old kid "race" me around the neighborhood on one of these while I was driving the RV. It was cute until he kept getting into my blind spots while I was turning corners & backing into the driveway. 

Tom Suddard
9/8/22 7:13 a.m.

Remember I live in a Florida beach town, so e-bikes are an absolute plague. My FIL bought one and I rode it, then realized I was riding the world's most perfect pit vehicle.

I have a bunch of "real" bikes, so I'm not sure how much I'll ride it around at home, but who knows. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/8/22 8:28 a.m.

The wife bought an EV bike a while back.  At full chooch it gets going fast enough to whip your hair back.  

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/22 8:35 a.m.

I bought one a couple of months ago. It's the perfect vehicle for farm transportation. It also works well for getting a fat guy out of the house and moving. I've been thinking about a small one to haul in the RV for camping. I'll be interested in your thoughts on this one. 

20220503_171401_HDR.jpg

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/11/22 9:52 p.m.
gyiyu said:

The wife recently purchased an electric bike. It accelerates quickly enough to cause your hair to fly back at full throttle. 

@happy wheels unblocked

Narrow Eyes GIFs | Tenor

Sounds like fun! I like the compactness and portability of these bikes with tiny wheels, but also can't help but wonder how much the ride quality suffers when those little wheels accidentally drop into a hole. Looking forward to a ride report with more first-hand details!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/22 12:12 a.m.
Tom Suddard said:

It was a tough decision, but after driving a Tesla, Bolt, BMW I4 and a few other things, I ordered a new EV:

I'll keep everybody updated once it gets here!

And I thought the Tesla looked a little dorky :)

We picked up a couple of e bikes this summer (Luna Fixed and Trek Townie). Both pedal assist ones, they won't move if you don't pedal. You basically just have super legs :) They also don't look like e bikes, with batteries hidden in normal sized down tubes. When it's 100F outside, you're not going to ride a normal bike 25 miles to get pizza - but the e bikes take enough edge off that it's plausible and you arrive not all sweaty. Since the alternative would be driving, it's a good option. They've been fun so far. 

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/12/22 6:30 a.m.

Be mindful of battery management. My kid's electric scooter went unused for a while and the battery is gonzo. Turns out they need to be charged every couple weeks if not being ridden.

...Unlike battery power tools. 

Tom Suddard
9/13/22 9:05 p.m.

Look what just arrived...

I'll go for a test ride tomorrow. 

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 UltraDork
9/13/22 9:22 p.m.

I want a wheelie pic. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/13/22 9:23 p.m.

If the bike doesn't make the Jetson noise, you have to make the noise.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
9/13/22 9:48 p.m.

So this is the thread where we post whore pictures of our ebikes? 

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/13/22 10:01 p.m.

That looks like quite a lot of, uh... mobility? for $249...

Tom Suddard
9/13/22 10:59 p.m.

In reply to Jesse Ransom :

Right?

Correction: it was actually $225. I emailed them something to the effect of "hey I saw a 10% coupon, wah" and then they refunded me 10% of my purchase price. 

Tom Suddard
9/13/22 11:00 p.m.

I put a basket on it:

Tom Suddard
9/13/22 11:00 p.m.

In reply to Nick Comstock :

There are so many better e bikes than mine crying

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
9/13/22 11:21 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

I don't even have mud gaurds. Or a basket.  

Tom Suddard
9/14/22 7:19 a.m.

I'm tempted to raid my bike parts bin for some upgrades--I definitely have cooler pedals and a better seat. But I'm also tempted to do nothing so I have less to worry about if this thing wanders off at the track. 

Toyman!
9/14/22 7:53 a.m.

Sometimes there are advantages to making things stand out enough that everyone knows who it belongs to. 

Tom Suddard
9/14/22 9:11 a.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

I'm just hoping there are enough of these at the Challenge for a decent race.

Toyman!
9/14/22 10:53 a.m.

That would be a hoot for sure. You would look like a bunch of kids on push bikes. Call it the Tour de Challenge. 

Push bikes gaining popularity in Malaysia | Daily Express Online - Sabah's  Leading News Portal

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
R400EzpkTYz47Vlh5RJuMNTbMLcpzqQK2W8LIhlQaWv4fDuqjA1gzRZ2bQ6q9Oag