gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/16/21 7:35 a.m.

A caveat, that I have a van my job provides that I drive from my driveway to work and job sites so both the BMW and Triumph were toys during the mentioned times. I just got back from a trip on the STR to my moms last weekend and the round trip was 450 miles. It's sitting at a tick over 1700 miles on the odo. I bought it in December last year with zero miles on it. Contrast that with the M5 that I owned for 10 years and who's selling  allowed me to buy the STR outright my last two years of ownership I put less than a 1000 miles on it. It was always drivable but I got to seeing it as precious as value went up that I didn't want to drive it too much between mileage on the odometer and rain and wear, That is not why I bought it originally. I don't have a collection, I don't have the room or inclination for one. I want to be able to drive the living hell out of anything I own at any time. I got caught in a thunderstorm on the way up to my moms on the Triumph. I didn't care. If that had happened in the M5 I would have been upset. I've already made plans after next year when I add a week of vacation to my schedule at work that the extra week will be planned around a trip on the STR to some event or just somewhere there are nice roads or friends to hang with.  Right now I'm content with weekend rides. What a joy to be on two wheels.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gNRiPnUiZYaKGt41C7PW3zolP4Re22BMObsq6t91nyE8dW0zXbrItdImaTS5Vxzv