yamaha UltimaDork
10/1/14 11:51 a.m.

In reply to dculberson:

Well, he's from the Caribbean, so that would be a fair assumption

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/1/14 12:07 p.m.

Hey coke is rich people drugs around here

I was talking about coca-cola which is good for loosening up certain stains...

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/1/14 1:18 p.m.

I am scared just looking at it...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/1/14 1:36 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
Dr. Hess wrote: Only 300? Eh. What about that Boss Hoss big block Chevy with NOS bike? Now that's some HP.
It's a small block chevy, not a big block. It also has no gears, just a clutch. And, as already mentioned it weighs as much as the Deathstar if it was actually subject to the properties of gravity.

They make/made a 502 version as well. Seriously.

I would rock that Kawasaki. Yes I would.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Reader
10/1/14 3:42 p.m.

I think that would be the answer to the "What do you consider to be fast?" thread.

tjbell
tjbell Reader
10/1/14 4:03 p.m.

I have been riding for 15 years, I wouldnt touch that with a 20 foot pole

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
10/1/14 6:58 p.m.
yamaha wrote: For the record, I'd ride it Can't be that bad with all the computer aids like traction & wheelie control along with abs.

This. No one says you have to ride it WOT. heck, my Bandit 1200 has been dyno'd at 120hp and I have very rarely hit WOT on it.

AquaHusky
AquaHusky Reader
10/2/14 11:53 p.m.

I would love to take a ride on it. Not like I HAVE to go W.O.T. everywhere. I would not even try to open it up until at least 5th gear.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
10/3/14 10:09 a.m.

In reply to AquaHusky:

Oh, I'd got WOT in the low gears.....if it has the previously mentioned nannies, it'll be civilized but mind bending fast and completely not fun to ride. I hate nannies, sure it might make you faster, but berkeley all that.

Flynlow
Flynlow Reader
10/3/14 10:29 a.m.
yamaha wrote: ....sure it might make you faster, but berkeley all that.

Said no racer, ever.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
10/3/14 4:01 p.m.

In reply to Flynlow:

Just makes it less of a skill and more of a mathematical computation.....

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/3/14 5:28 p.m.
Appleseed wrote:
Bobzilla wrote:
Dr. Hess wrote: Only 300? Eh. What about that Boss Hoss big block Chevy with NOS bike? Now that's some HP.
It's a small block chevy, not a big block. It also has no gears, just a clutch. And, as already mentioned it weighs as much as the Deathstar if it was actually subject to the properties of gravity.
They make/made a 502 version as well. Seriously. I would rock that Kawasaki. Yes I would.

There's a 502 one running around here....with a blower. Seriously. I believe he has dyno sheets in the 1000whp area.

carbon
carbon Dork
10/9/14 9:02 p.m.

I'd ride it daily, but only with different wheels. You acclimate to about any power level in my experience. Also it's sure to have a multitude of power levels and traction, wheelie, stoppie, yaw and god knows what else control.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
10/10/14 8:12 a.m.
mndsm wrote: There's a 502 one running around here....with a blower. Seriously. I believe he has dyno sheets in the 1000whp area.

Sounds like Marv Jorgenson's bike, he owns Chopper City Sports. For many years he had the world speed record for snowmobiles, something very close to 200mph in the quarter mile.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
10/10/14 10:05 a.m.
carbon wrote: I'd ride it daily, but only with different wheels. You acclimate to about any power level in my experience. Also it's sure to have a multitude of power levels and traction, wheelie, stoppie, yaw and god knows what else control.

This, its been about a month now, and I've become used to the 240-250 the Raptor puts down in low boost(7 lbs)....mid boost(14 lbs) was stupid though.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/10/14 10:51 a.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to Flynlow: Just makes it less of a skill and more of a mathematical computation.....

If the math gives the result "1", it's good math.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
11/16/14 3:25 p.m.

If you weren't scared before, there's this: http://speedsociety.com/kawasaki-h2r-first-dyno-run/

stroker
stroker SuperDork
11/16/14 9:02 p.m.
kazoospec wrote: If you weren't scared before, there's this: http://speedsociety.com/kawasaki-h2r-first-dyno-run/

Mother of God.

former520
former520 Reader
11/16/14 10:26 p.m.

They had a cut away motor next to the display model at the Phoenix Motorcycle Expo. It was very impressive and looks extremely well thought out. Packaging of the supercharger with a chain drive to it, injectors above and below the butterflys. I could do without the wings on the fairings, but I would not have an issue throwing a leg over on it. I would at least have to give it one full 3rd gear pull, maybe try 4th.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
11/17/14 10:21 a.m.

In reply to kazoospec:

Yep, that's the exhaust packing vacating the exhaust in an ember cloud.

Unfortunately, this bike is going to be right inbetween the zx10 and zx14 in terms of weight, and the street version is a "Made to order special" to the tune of slightly over $20g. I would ride it, but if I'm spending that much, I will be on an MV Agusta mocking all you lowly peasants.

Petrolburner
Petrolburner Reader
11/17/14 1:17 p.m.

I'd ride it. I'm not pleased with the looks however.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
11/17/14 2:59 p.m.

In reply to Petrolburner:

Meh, its not that bad......

And if that s1000rr doesn't look right to you, well.....that's because BMW flipped the asymmetric design for 2015. That's right, their way of improving it is by making a mirror image of itself.

Petrolburner
Petrolburner Reader
11/18/14 12:53 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

It's not bad, I just don't think it's a very nice looking bike either. It's an over the top bike, so I guess the styling had to be a little 'out there' too.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/18/14 1:09 p.m.

I like the look of this generation S1000RR:

It looks like a Bond villain wearing a monocle

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
11/18/14 1:09 p.m.

In reply to Petrolburner:

Yea, but it is better looking than the 06-7 and 11+ zx-10r's......

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bNJatMeaAGpQEBcdiQHhfSYcrx8o3qdX2Udf6e4OV9tQWLIQ0vmtls3i3QItplTu