gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/4/22 8:10 a.m.

Last week I checked the price of a dongle called dealertool to reset functions on my Triumph without having to take it to the dealer for service. link here- http://dealertoolcouk.ipage.com/interest2.htm price 72.98 British pounds. last weeks exchange rate would have put me at $120 and change but I had to wait until today to buy it and with the exchange rate today I paid $101.

I'll report back on how it works after I receive it but judging by response on some Triumph forums it's fantastic.

Edit: Dangit, I dropped the H in the title.

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
3/4/22 8:23 a.m.

I have one or something similar for my Tiger 800. I can check and clear codes, reset the service indicator and cycle the ABS among other things. It cost about the same. One trip to the dealer would have been the same cost. Definitely worth the cost. Only downside is it gets coded to my bike's VIN so I can't use it on multiple machines.

gunner (Forum Supporter)
3/4/22 7:35 p.m.

In reply to ddavidv :

This one has a similar scheme with the vin, although you have an option to add another bike for 25gbp or there is an unrestricted version for shops that is like 250gbp. Edit: The coolest feature I think is the ability to sync the throttle bodies via a graphic display.

gunner (Forum Supporter)
3/29/22 9:58 p.m.

So it finally came in the mail last Friday and I was able to do all the tests and clear the maintenance indicator this weekend. So glad I didn't have to drop it at the dealer. Its been good riding weather throughout. Instead I decided to drop it in a parking lot when I stopped to change the clock to daylight savings time on that Sunday. Fortunately I was able to slow the speed of the drop by extending my right pinky so it shot tip first into the asphalt. Also fortunately I was wearing gloves so it only stubbed it and didn't break it. It only hurts to bend it a little now. Should be healed up soon. Still riding.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4f1Y9EF7nnnQ4sEywCtD29rCO5y7P72Zk2G00fF9p1zpLZhllSEfCT5EEmdiL7Ky