1 2
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/7/20 5:17 p.m.

Sweat washes off.

Scabs and stitches don't.

And your skull accelerates into the pavement the same, whether you are stopped or going 100. Gravity don't care.

03Panther
03Panther HalfDork
8/8/20 1:21 p.m.

Best to your recovery. During all the miles on choppers, I didn't wear a proper jacket in the summer. But I rode year 'round, so it wasn't most of my miles. Always had leather gloves on... Mechanix are not leather. Never liked the perforated leather... Still WAY to hot stuck at a stop.  I have a light riding jacket now with zippered areas to adjust for changing temps/air speed. Managed to live through being young and dumb. Now I'm in good gear anytime.

03Panther
03Panther HalfDork
8/8/20 1:26 p.m.
Appleseed said:

And your skull accelerates into the pavement the same, whether you are stopped or going 100. 

Can't agree with this sentence, but since you are recommending gear, it's prolly not quite what ya mean. 

I've been blessed. Head injurys have not figured in to any of my road rash. Very blessed. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
8/9/20 8:23 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

You still have the same 2 bikes?

03Panther
03Panther HalfDork
8/10/20 9:28 a.m.

Well, one that runs! 97 BMW F650. Then a half dozen projects!!!

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
8/11/20 12:52 p.m.

Torn ACL, gotta have knee surgery, yay.

jfryjfry (Forum Supporter)
jfryjfry (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/15/20 8:27 a.m.

Ugh that's a bummer.   I'd recommend allograft/cadaver replacement. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/15/20 12:00 p.m.

In reply to jfryjfry (Forum Supporter) :

That's what I have. Become a Day-Zombie like me. When the zombie apocalypse comes, we will walk among them with impunity. 

Seriously,  do everything the doctors and therapists say. It hurts, and its painful, but you will be able to walk just fine. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
8/16/20 3:44 a.m.

Went Fri to set up surgery

Funny thing tho, doc said when I walked through the office with no crutches or anything the one nurse said "I thought the ACL guy was going to room 2"

"That is ACL guy"

He gave me a brace and told me to come back in 3 weeks because I was walking so well

03Panther
03Panther HalfDork
8/18/20 11:13 p.m.

Hows the recovery doing? I saw on other post you'll be down Dothan way again in the next week or so... maybe we can meet up for lunch.

You the the Sporty back up and going yet... even if it is too soon the ride it?

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
8/19/20 2:48 p.m.

I'm waiting on a new "derby cover" because the shift lever punched a hole in it.   Once that's on I can refill the fluids and head out.  Lots of scars and such on the bike (slightly bent handlebars) to repair eventually.  I'm worried about shifting, left knee is the one with the torn ACL

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/19/20 4:24 p.m.

Glad you aren't any more hurt than you were.

03Panther
03Panther HalfDork
8/19/20 4:37 p.m.

Don't rush it... Let that knee heal. The ride will still be there!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VES7jWvMAInIqXzouGnZoaoFQhgZfjhvCeNNaB9Ju48aNSXayiKeQv9gk5XJ8SMS