Brian(formerly neon4891)
Brian(formerly neon4891) MegaDork
2/17/22 1:37 p.m.

I'm trying to assess my options on overnight motorcycle storage. I live rurally, have no garage, and have a rather inconvenient  shed. I'm concerned about keeping it out of the elements, security is a non issue. Last season I mostly kept my ADV bike out, but I'm likely to get a cruiser and want to take better care of it. The easy options that come to mind include an all weather cover, or going up to something soft like an outdoor screen room, 10x10 instant shelter or portable garbage.  Something like that would go up and stay up for 6 months. Lastly, I would consider building some type of hard M/C size "carport" or lean to. 

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/17/22 1:41 p.m.

Used Enclosed trailer or 20' shipping container.

Brian(formerly neon4891)
Brian(formerly neon4891) MegaDork
2/17/22 7:27 p.m.

While I'm partial to the shipping container suggestion, the market on those has gone insane in the last year or two. The only quote I've found without giving Out my phone or email is $4k delivered. Also, while rural, the property owner is not agreeable to the idea. 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UltraDork
2/17/22 7:36 p.m.

I would make / buy a shelter that I can drive in the front  , and in the morning drive out the back.

look at "motorcycle folding storage" on Google images

good Luck

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
2/17/22 8:09 p.m.

Small utility shed.  Most parts of the country have someone nearby that sells prebuilt sheds in a variety of sizes and styles, or build your own if you're handy.

fatallightning
fatallightning Reader
4/22/22 9:54 a.m.

https://www.harborfreight.com/10-ft-x-10-ft-portable-shed-63297.html?_br_psugg_q=portable+shed

Easy button, especially if 6 months or so is what you expect to use it for. I have the car size 10'x17' and the covers usually perish after 3-4 years.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yx8eaQ30rIoxZ5TUxqtnIiLVE09HfIvortuSyFU9Z0JiDuJIy4ZWG7DAS68dXUt9