No Time
No Time SuperDork
6/18/22 1:07 p.m.

Saw this article recently:

Under 300lbs, 76hp, 250cc two stroke

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/18/22 3:13 p.m.

As an RD&RZ owner/aficionado, I approve this message.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/18/22 3:22 p.m.

The welds on the exhaust. Nice.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
6/18/22 3:34 p.m.

2 stroke and meets Euro 5. That is seriously impressive. I thought the last two stroke on the road was the Vespa and they did all sorts of trickery with the carbs and ignition to get it to pass even with a 50cc. 

That is something I woul dlove to have in the garage. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/18/22 4:45 p.m.

Can't ride em too long, smell like a lawn mo!

No Time
No Time SuperDork
6/18/22 6:33 p.m.
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) said:

I keep thinking about getting back on 2 wheels and like concept of an RD or RZ, although my dream bike was the TZ700.

Several years ago I sold a 73 RD350 that was in boxes thinking I wouldn't get to it. Now I'm thinking I should have kept it. 

Wow; very cool! I love lightweight streetable bikes with good performance, and a sub-300-pounds lightweight is a lot different from the 400-ish pound "lightweights." Reading the article it sounds like the limited run of 100 bikes isn't all sold just yet, but is not far from it. 28,000 Pounds isn't as bad as I feared the price might be. No mention of the US...sad

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Dork
6/20/22 9:52 p.m.
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) said:

This probably won't get blown around in the wind like a full-faired RZ350 does being naked, having a modern chassis and spoked wheels. My #1 beef with my RZ350 (besides the flexy frame) is getting blown all over the place on windy days. Everybody wants a 300 pound street bike until they deal with that.

RichardNZ
RichardNZ Reader
6/22/22 4:44 a.m.
wearymicrobe said:

2 stroke and meets Euro 5. That is seriously impressive. I thought the last two stroke on the road was the Vespa and they did all sorts of trickery with the carbs and ignition to get it to pass even with a 50cc. 

That is something I woul dlove to have in the garage. 

Virtually all current Trials Bikes are available in a "homologated" version for EU use. My last Gas Gas, although not that recent, came with the necessary bits in a separate plastic baggie. Lights, speedo, 'catalytic converter' things and some bungs to make it hard to play mixture games. 
Most NZ importers don't bother anymore, just get the competition version from the factory.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/22/22 8:17 a.m.

Most of the Euro off road/competition enduro type bikes like Beta, Sherco, Rieju, and to a lesser extent, the KTM/Husq/GG can be street plated in Canada.

I have a KTM Freeride 250 two stroke that wasn't, but it's common to see them for sale here street plated. I ride it on the street anyway, and it's actually pretty decent.

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UberDork
8/22/22 8:20 p.m.

As a two-stroke freak I like it.  My 2016 Husky TE250 makes 50+ out of 250cc single. plated and inspected in Mass.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EpxpuIc25BmayjUwDkEEEQ1WEcjLFgq0QTMsbDX3N8IgvMfpAykx2fbOX9dLJ6y0