1 2
aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
9/22/11 6:46 a.m.

Note to self, Mike is close enough for me as well.

Thread watched

skierd
skierd Dork
9/22/11 4:52 p.m.

Just watched that movie after reading this thread (thanks Netflix!).

The writer gets it. A new favorite...

Rusnak_322 wrote: Thanks for the complements. My wife now wants me to restore her a Norton like in the movie One Week but I am getting sick of her having faster bikes then me.
Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 HalfDork
9/22/11 6:38 p.m.
skierd wrote: Just watched that movie after reading this thread (thanks Netflix!). The writer gets it. A new favorite...
Rusnak_322 wrote: Thanks for the complements. My wife now wants me to restore her a Norton like in the movie One Week but I am getting sick of her having faster bikes then me.

Isn't that a good movie?I want to ride across country someday on a bike not designed for that. If he had a gold wing, the movie wouldn't have been as good.

skierd
skierd Dork
9/22/11 10:16 p.m.

Good? Nah... I thought it was great. For me, it really captured the feelings I had and often have on the road particularly since I prefer to travel simply, travel alone, and for my two long trips having something life-changing be the impetus (not cancer for me thankfully). The beauty and granduer of back roads in big country, the snarl and congestion of leaving the cities, all the cool neat stuff on the side of the highway, the people to run across along the way, bike problems that invariably happen, the shiny happy happy joy joy of finding yourself coming to in a ditch, the desire to keep riding and the fear of what comes after you hit your destination, the hatred and love of outright purposeless wandering.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
9/23/11 3:03 p.m.

I'm afraid I love the bike. My wife is trying to convince me to do more bikes and less cars because of the outcome, turn around time, investment, profit and space required.

I won't show her this thread.

After polishing, were the aluminum pieces shot with a clear or is this the new maintenence ritual?
Asking because I have an R-90 on deck for this winter.

Thanks, Dan

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UnR2UfxyhLjdrvrz4HumJaB8myxYuGFid9Xz7XiRdYdnL2DQBgUBRvVUMs1SUKYl