1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 45
bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/1/21 10:00 p.m.

I took the KTM around on some streets this afternoon. surprise. What. A. Blast! So torquey and tossable

NGTD
NGTD PowerDork
12/2/21 11:37 a.m.

Sold my Suzuki:

Bought this:

2004 BMW R1150RT - 39 k kms

One of my bucket list items is a cross-Canada ride and I wanted something more comfortable. Not on the road yet, waiting for spring.

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
12/2/21 7:08 p.m.

Nice RT.  IMHO, those are about the pinnacle of BMW value... fantastic bikes, but before they became too complex electronically.

yes

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/3/21 10:16 a.m.

I had a cranberry color one, loved it!  You could put a thermos of coffee and a rolled up newspaper in the left side glove box.

fatallightning
fatallightning Reader
12/3/21 10:21 a.m.
Rodan said:

Nice RT.  IMHO, those are about the pinnacle of BMW value... fantastic bikes, but before they became too complex electronically.

yes

Great deals on the RTs especially abound. I've had my eye on them, but the narcisisst in me wants the ADV lifestyle look. But a touring bike that can still do some turns like the RT or something makes more sense honestly.

fatallightning said:
Rodan said:

yes

Great deals on the RTs especially abound. I've had my eye on them, but the narcisisst in me wants the ADV lifestyle look. But a touring bike that can still do some turns like the RT or something makes more sense honestly.

Totally agree. I've been tempted by a few RTs on the local market when I was looking for a GS. The reality is that I've got ADV covered already and IF I get another bike, an RT makes a lot more sense.

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
12/3/21 11:39 a.m.

In reply to fatallightning :

Having had both touring and ADV type bikes, I'd take the weather protection of the RT over the GS, unless you plan to do a lot of gravel.

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/3/21 10:09 p.m.

Brian(formerly neon4891)
Brian(formerly neon4891) MegaDork
12/5/21 12:08 p.m.

After the low side that totaled it

bgkast
12/5/21 7:49 p.m.

Shake down complete!

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
12/6/21 7:23 a.m.

After a year and a few months--and some periods of cursing and frustration--I finally had a almost failure-free ride on the Interceptor.

It didn't have to come home on a trailer, finally. It did manage to shed one of the screws for the tach drive, so now my right boot won't rust. Like my Bullet 500, it's a 'happy' motorcycle. Despite it's 750cc displacement, I think a Norton Commando would hand it it's ass. But it's fast enough for me and has no trouble keeping up with modern speeds.

bgkast
12/6/21 1:45 p.m.

In reply to ddavidv :

Gourgous! 

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
12/6/21 10:25 p.m.

Thank you. I can only take credit for polishing it up. The green was done probably in the late 1960s. Everything else cosmetic is the original stuff, just with elbow grease. The front fender chrome is flaking off, unfortunately.

mdshaw
mdshaw HalfDork
12/8/21 1:52 p.m.

My CR80 with newly rebuilt motor & lots of customizations. Gathering parts to do a big wheel, which didn't exist in '95. Also adding lights & a kickstand.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
12/8/21 4:00 p.m.

In reply to ddavidv :

That Interceptor is very nice!

I've been looking at the current Royal Enfield company's Continental GT 650 twin...it has the looks (mostly) of a vintage bike, along with modern fuel injection and ABS.  Along the same lines, BSA is back - they just announced a new Gold Star 650 single.

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
12/9/21 8:36 a.m.

The new RE twins by all accounts are fantastic bikes...especially for the price. Nothing at all like the old Bullet single (of which I have one). No word yet if we will see the BSA here in the states.

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado Dork
12/9/21 2:20 p.m.

Took the wee TS90 out and bounced off some rocks with a buddy on his xl125 last weekend.  Pretty convinced this is about the most fun you can have with 7hp.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/14/21 9:56 p.m.
ddavidv said:

The new RE twins by all accounts are fantastic bikes...especially for the price. Nothing at all like the old Bullet single (of which I have one). No word yet if we will see the BSA here in the states.

I wish you hadn't put that thought in my head for the umpteenth time. I don't need a burnt orange Interceptor, but dang it...

EricM
EricM SuperDork
12/23/21 9:27 p.m.

Russ McBride
Russ McBride New Reader
12/24/21 3:54 p.m.

'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100.  Great bike.

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
12/24/21 8:12 p.m.

In reply to Russ McBride :

I really liked the combination of retro and modern the successfully pulls of on that one, when it came out. Holds up well today, at least for me. 
That was before the current trend of going nekkid was as popular, I I still had no interest in a fairing. 
Now that nekkid bikes are all the thing, (except the new breed HD crowd) I've gotten old enough to need a fairing! 

EricM
EricM SuperDork
12/24/21 11:40 p.m.

eebasist
eebasist Reader
12/25/21 9:54 a.m.

So my 08 Road King needed all new tins (salvage from CoPart) and I decided to try my hand at Raptor liner.  Turned out pretty nice I think.  Debating on doing the tank next.

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
12/29/21 10:07 a.m.

In reply to Russ McBride :

I've wanted one of those since they came out 

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/31/21 7:44 p.m.
eebasist said:

So my 08 Road King needed all new tins (salvage from CoPart) and I decided to try my hand at Raptor liner.  Turned out pretty nice I think.  Debating on doing the tank next.

I'm not sure I'm sold on the Raptor Liner idea, but that may be because I see it everywhere but don't totally understand it.  Is the appeal just that it's a tough finish that you don't have have to fret and fuss over like you would paint?

It does complement the black crackle on the engine pretty well.  If you like it, then definitely do the tanks as well. Otherwise they sort of stick out. 

If you do get tired of it, someone else will probably be there to buy the whole setup from you, and you can start all over again.

1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 45

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3Zmc1xaXizgzsfART8ZPh16deiAV8AuyVaLCRNoG9r7eZtNwaauM1Mf0LCzwHmqv