1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 45
gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Dork
3/8/22 12:31 p.m.

In reply to Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado :

Oh man, brings back memories of my 1975 TL250! Very heavy bike for trials, and I had a very persistent issue where it would cough for one stroke if you really tried to open it up to zip over an obstacle, but it taught me a lot and I had a blast with it.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
3/22/22 3:44 p.m.

Not mine, my wife's grandfather gifted me his 1947 Cushman he bought in 49 but he gifted this 90 to my brother in law that he bought new. I'd forgotten it was in my FIL's garage.

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
5/5/22 7:04 a.m.

Moving right along

We've had several rainy weeks in a row, but the forecast and weather both unexpectedly shifted this morning, so I dusted off the Suzuki Goose cafe racer, and raced to a moto cafe. smiley

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/14/22 10:03 p.m.

In reply to ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) :

That Transalp heart. Haven't seen one in ages. 

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/14/22 11:42 p.m.

Run around several properties bike. 

MyMiatas
MyMiatas New Reader
5/14/22 11:51 p.m.

I skimmed the forum about motorcycles and saw alot of members buying motorcycles. So  anyone on the western slope area need a Harley-Davidson Road King. I do not drive it enough, short trip here and there. I have had repairs done on it. New tires ,rear brake pads, new timing system on it. It all read to go on a road trip.  It comes with back rest,  rear luggage rack,  internal harley bags(there for inside the side bags) ,two additional luggage bags (from kuryakyn), Helmut, leather jacket and chaps. I have ALL the paperwork for the maintenance and repairs done on the motorcycle. This color combination is not to common. I have only seen two so far in 9 years with these colors. All that it would need is the regular two passenger seat on it to be all sorted. PM me if you would be interested in more info and more  pictures. 

In reply to Slippery :

Yes, the Transalp was looking surprisingly cherry! I thought it would be nuts on a nice Saturday late-morning, but just me, the Transalp, an orange/black sporty-looking XR1200 with shotgun exhaust (parked around the corner) and later a big matte black Kawasaki Vulcan...still a fun stop-off mid-ride!

Run_Away
Run_Away GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/15/22 11:08 a.m.

Been riding as much as possible with all the rain we've been having. Forecast for this week still has overnight temps a couple degrees above freezing still, I really need to get my heated grips on for my morning commute.

Spotted this clean quadrasteer truck on my way to a buddy's place, they probably want way too much but sure is tempting after all the rust I keep uncovering on mine. Basically my dream truck, minus the beige.

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
5/15/22 11:43 a.m.
Run_Away said:

Been riding as much as possible with all the rain we've been having. Forecast for this week still has overnight temps a couple degrees above freezing still, I really need to get my heated grips on for my morning commute.

Great looking bike. My $0.02 as somebody who rides in cold weather 90% of the time, don't get heated grips. Buy heated gloves. Why have heated grips and the whole backside of your hands are freezing? I love my Gerbings.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/15/22 12:21 p.m.

Can't remember whether I have shared this here or not.  Hopefully this is not a repeat.  And hopefully nobody minds that this has no engine.  No pedals, for that matter.

A coworker gave me his kid's balance bike when said kid outgrew it, which was super cool of him, but I wasn't digging the color combo at all.

So I blew it all apart and refinished the whole thing.  Frameset got sanded down and painted.  The paint was Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch 2X.  I have mixed feelings about this stuff.

The wheels got blown apart and the rims got stripped back to bare aluminum. Yep, aluminum rims and frame on this little thing.  The factory red (almost pink) finish was incredibly tough to remove.  Had to use one of those fibrous stripping wheels in the drill press.  Eventually I sanded out most of my sins and gave the rims a really nice brushed finish.

After that, the wheels were reassembled. I've never built bike wheels before. Not too bad an ordeal. Got them trued up on the coffee table.  They came out pretty straight, actually. 

And here it is all assembled.  The saddle got some SEM Color Coat to obscure the red and blue flashes.  I would have preferred orange grips, or even black, but these handlebars are necked down to an oddball 3/4" size at the grip area for little hands, and options are limited.

There are some flaws, but two-year-olds are pretty gracious about that sort of thing.

It would have been cheaper and saved many hours just to buy something else.  I justified it as practice for a motorcycle restoration when that becomes a possibility. 

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
5/15/22 8:36 p.m.

Fighting a dirty idle circuit but besides having to give it a slight bit of throttle at idle , the CBX is running pretty good.

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
5/16/22 7:54 a.m.

Finally got the 1964 Royal Enfield Interceptor finished and running properly. Come along for a ride. 1964 Royal Interceptor 750

EricM
EricM SuperDork
5/20/22 2:13 p.m.

Switched out the tires from 2.5 inch Maxxis Minion DHF to 2 inch Stan's Raven.  I was tired fo not getting a good "roll" from the Maxxis, super heavy.  These Ravens are 400grams each.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
5/21/22 4:52 p.m.

Had a pro photographer show up to the last races. He did a great job. 

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/27/22 6:53 p.m.

EDIT: aw, man... Is image posting broken again?

I will try to post more and better pics, though it's not necessarily a bike that benefits from closer scrutiny. However, it should be brilliant at being what it is, which is a track-prepped 2008 Ninja 250R.

It's been sitting a little while, so carb rebuild kits and a battery are on the way; I need to figure out whether to stick with the 110/70-17 on the front or go to a 120 given that rear tire availability means running a 140 instead of the stock 130 (vague concerns about matching profiles end to end). The tires on it aren't worn out, but are "proper slicks" that have been sitting around a while and I want to deal with neither tire warmers nor tires that are more age-hardened than I expected, as I think to myself while sliding along the pavement.

That's about it apart from a few niceties like levers that don't feel like they came off a bottom-shelf BMX bike (these are some kind of aftermarket I don't like the looks of). And maybe some Dzus fasteners so I don't have to fish around for loose nuts inside the belly pan.

It's already got Woodcraft rearsets and clip-ons, and all the bits that shouldn't disassemble themselves on track are safety-wired. Which reminds me I need a new set of safety wire pliers so I can put it right after the oil change... I'm stoked to find that it seems a whole lot roomier than the CB160 I first rode on track, and actually not as much more scrunched than the Aprilia RSVR than I'd have expected. It's been a while though, and is it possible I've gained more ground with exercise and stretching than I've lost with age!?

johndej
johndej Dork
6/4/22 8:21 p.m.

Brother helped snag this MB5 for me via an acquaintance. Currently locked up with no title and has been in a shed on a property purchased by said acquaintance for many many years. Nearly 9,000 miles if odometer is accurate. Snagged for $300 delivered to his house. Poured it full of MMO until I can pick up.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
6/7/22 2:20 p.m.

Picked up this little guy last week even though I need another bike like I need a poke in the eye. 1975 Honda TL125 trial bike. Hadn't run in a few years. It's got a handful of issues that prevent it from being "nice" and the guy who owned it decided that heading that direction was a black hole. $300. 

Fired right up with starting fluid, popped the carb apart to discover the clip missing off the needle. Replaced that, fresh gas and was riding it around the yard in 45 minutes. It's fun to rid and I'm probably going to do a couple vintage trials with it basically how it sits. 

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Oh that's awesome! I did a fair amount of bicycle trials in the past, but it takes too long to heal & hurts for way too long when I crash now. 

Got me a new work commuter/enjoy some local trails/dirt jumps last night. 

Has some tasteful upgrades also. Even my size, and that was sheer luck. 

RichardNZ
RichardNZ Reader
6/30/22 4:32 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Picked up this little guy last week even though I need another bike like I need a poke in the eye. 1975 Honda TL125 trial bike. Hadn't run in a few years. It's got a handful of issues that prevent it from being "nice" and the guy who owned it decided that heading that direction was a black hole. $300. 

Fired right up with starting fluid, popped the carb apart to discover the clip missing off the needle. Replaced that, fresh gas and was riding it around the yard in 45 minutes. It's fun to rid and I'm probably going to do a couple vintage trials with it basically how it sits. 

Great to see you back posting Seth smiley I like your TL and the price is good. Anyway I'll see your TL and raise you a TY175:

and if that's not enough I could try trumping you with the Vertigo 

cheers

Richard

foxtrapper
foxtrapper UltimaDork
6/30/22 4:27 p.m.

The latest acquisition, an 82 Moto Guzzi V50III:

DesmoDog
DesmoDog New Reader
7/7/22 1:21 a.m.

I picked this one up earlier this summer. I had planned on selling one bike to pay for one I had ordered, but an offer of a trade for this came up and what's a boy to do? It had been sitting for about 20 years and needed TLC but that's almost done. I think. I thought it was done then discovered the fuel pump was shot. So I replaced that and found out one of the ignition pickups is junk so now need to fix that. but THEN I think it'll be ready to ride...

This is the bike I ordered that led to placing the for sale ad that led to trading for the Superlight. It showed up the day after I made the Superlight trade official. 

With the Super Light showing up unexpectedly I had to get rid of my 851 also. Placed an ad on an 851 group around midnight. The bike had sold by 1am. 

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/7/22 8:48 a.m.

I think I bought this one in 2006. 

I am the only one on 26" wheels at the trail, I dont care. I wish a had a drop seat though. 

In reply to Slippery :

Dropper post are getting so cheap. Do it. 

1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 45

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IPpPP2N6ZBg0nCETvLtHgA2SbBHipPCToSzWGWQyAd1KoakqfPtDo13SZdieqkJr