ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
2/25/09 7:08 p.m.

Edit: "Gap" that was supposed to say "Spark Plug gap"

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I looked around on sohc4.net and couldn't find it. Since I'm a newb there, I don't really want to ask such a basic question and get the usual "use the search" and then try to defend myself...

Anyway, I'm not a newb here so you all will hopefully deal with it ;).

Anyone know what I should gap the new plugs at for my '74 Honda CB750?

NGK D8EA plugs came out of it...so I guess I'll put those back in, unless anyone has any grassroots reccommendations. I'm not completely sure, but I assume the ignition is all stock.

Thanks, Clem

stuart in mn
stuart in mn Dork
2/25/09 9:26 p.m.

Per the Dennis Kirk catalog, D8EA's are correct for your bike. I'm sure there are other brands that will work as well but I've always had good luck with NGK's in motorcycles. It turns out there's a partial Clymer shop manual for your bike on Google Books, and it has the tune up info here: http://books.google.com/books?id=hNwdZtgSvggC&pg=PP11&source=gbs_selected_pages&cad=0_1

benzbaron
benzbaron Reader
2/25/09 9:29 p.m.

I just did the plug on the buell and couldn't find any information for gap so I measured it and put it in, if it is wrong I can change it later. No one makes the basic info easy to find.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/26/09 12:32 a.m.

Per the Clymer:

Gap: 0.024 - 0.028 in. (6-7mm)

Plugs:

Champion - A8Y-MC (standard), R-6 (cold)

NGK - D7ES (hot), D8ES (standard), D10E (cold)

Bosch - X260T2 (hot), X300T2 (stand.), X320T2 (cold)

Autolite - HG2 (h), HG1 (s)

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/26/09 12:34 a.m.

Just took a look at the link above and it was exactly what I just posted. oops.

Gearhead_42
Gearhead_42 Dork
2/26/09 6:49 a.m.

Funny, I was thinking a spark plug gat would come in handy for those aggressive tailgaters...

Not that I've ever considered such a thing!

Really, stop looking at me like that...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
34bIvp14KUvJuKSPC5dC0K7mCfMSNK3EcFoP4uw9Q3Y657wIbZeE4eo5TeirEDoo