Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 SuperDork
9/13/19 4:02 a.m.

Anyone checked out the Sur Ron electric motorbike/bicycle?

https://lunacycle.com/sur-ron-x-bike-limited-black-edition/

Looks super cool and almost seems like a bargain for a 70cc type performance mtn bikish dirt bike thingy.  The future is awesome.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
9/13/19 5:25 a.m.

Neat.  Although it's odd to me that they chose a steerer-type stem over a direct mount stem, which is what is generally used on DH bikes running a dual-crown fork. I'd probably swap out the Boxxer anyway for a Manitou because inverted is more moto. cheeky

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 SuperDork
9/14/19 4:15 p.m.

I don't know the difference, so I could be sucked into anything. 

Petrolburner
Petrolburner Dork
9/17/19 2:12 p.m.

I think they look pretty great for a lightweight single track type bike.  I'm just not sure if they're durable enough, and what's the spare parts supply look like?  I'd like to check out their warehouse and see them in person first.  

minimac
minimac UltraDork
9/19/19 11:27 a.m.

Sorry fellas, but it looks pretty lame to me for that kind of money.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
9/19/19 12:04 p.m.

I need to ride a proper e-bike. I love the idea but the price of the good ones always gives me pause. 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE HalfDork
9/29/19 11:41 a.m.

Not to resurrect a thread from 10 days ago, but that bike is now listed for $1,500 off, down to $3,700.

At 5200 watts, this thing is nearly 8 horsepower in a "bike" chassis- which makes it a competitor to things like the Honda Grom. It's damn tempting, though I want to build my first eBike instead of buying one.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 SuperDork
9/29/19 1:28 p.m.

I was right there with you regarding building my first one- even have a fatbike ready for it. But that sur ron just looks too cool and too fast.  Even more tempting- but it looks like that $500 reduction is because they got rid of the Rock Shox fork and are using the RST killah from the lower end model.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cm2EL635cVJK2s4Wtt7VEdS9AOMSZjNW50OtKldB94xrnxCyL8JQUchtbsY5xiO4