gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/5/22 9:48 p.m.

So freaking disappointed. I was doing the 6000 mile service on the bike and I was reassembling everything. While putting the tank back on I had the main fuel line and slip on hoses connected I moved the tank to get to the electric connectors and it moved too much and fell to the ground snapping the main fuel line connector off and scraping and denting the tank. FML. I got on ebay and found a hose with the same part number for $16 shipped but it doesn't say it fits my bike. Visually though it does. If not the correct part is 90 bucks. got scratches and a dent now, so I guess now its a track rat, wheelie boy and drift king.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
3/10/22 9:36 a.m.

Aaaaaack.  Sorry to hear. 

did you decide to take a chance on that cheaper hose??

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/10/22 9:40 a.m.

Been there, done that. At least it's not a few days before you are supposed to head off on a week long ride!

Pro tip: Don't get overzealous and break the new part while you install it.  Ask me how I know wink

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/10/22 10:06 a.m.

That sucks! But live and learn 

gunner (Forum Supporter)
3/10/22 6:47 p.m.

In reply to jfryjfry :

Yes! It came in today and it appears to be exactly the same hose so I'm stoked. Getting ready to install it after I eat dinner.

gunner (Forum Supporter)
3/10/22 6:49 p.m.

In reply to bgkast :

I have a plan this time. I am going to safety wire the tank through the mounting holes with enough give to allow me to raise the tank up to install the connectors but tight enough to arrest any fall.

gunner (Forum Supporter)
3/10/22 6:49 p.m.

In reply to Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) :

Indeed. I feel like a real GRM member now. ;)

gunner (Forum Supporter)
3/10/22 8:32 p.m.

Got it fixed! The 2016 fuel hose fits my 2019 like it was made for it. No leaks. Fired right up. Yay!

What bike was this on?

gunner (Forum Supporter)
3/11/22 7:51 a.m.

In reply to Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) :

2019 Triumph Street Triple R

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/14/22 9:59 a.m.

Reading your thread title in this forum had me thinking you ended up splattered on someone's windshield, glad that's not the case!

gunner (Forum Supporter)
3/14/22 7:54 p.m.

In reply to adam525i :

Sorry, that was not my intent. To note, I took the bike out today and noticed I forgot to change the time for daylight savings so I pulled over in a parking lot and turned into a  parking place and pulled in the clutch and the front brake to stop and failed to fully extend my legs so my bike dropped on its right side. I mashed my right pinky a bit but otherwise am ok and so is the bike.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
P4VOlN1aqu3YqjN0A9f6Ai7aD3d6pmdPnqtGLpC7J5bRTwhNV5XaLSc8cdiL9RrC