Justjim75
Justjim75 HalfDork
7/31/19 10:53 p.m.

I wanted a 3 wheeler when i was 13 so bad i would have given body parts. I was 13.  The obsession lasted until the quit selling them and i was so mad i turned my back on atvs for most of my life.  Im 48, it may he now or never to scratch the itch.  Anybody with knowledge of where i can score a reasonably priced sporty 3 wheeler (4 strokes ok but prefer 2) please let me know.  Im in Montgomery Alabama so i can meet folks on the way or at the Challenge or come get it within a reasonable distance.  Wouldnt mind a Miata road trip with my son and small flatbed trailer either 

Thanks,

Jim

Justjim75
Justjim75 HalfDork
8/1/19 3:01 p.m.

Nobody?

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/1/19 3:39 p.m.

I also have my eye out for a Honda ATC250R. One of my friends just found one for $300.00. I'm hoping he tires of it and gives it to me.

Best thing you can do is watch craigslist and be patient. They do come up every now and then. Or use search tempest and be less patient but be ready for a road trip.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/1/19 3:42 p.m.

Not me.  But if you're headed to the Challenge, toss out some swap bait.  Got something cool we can't live without?  Got a marketable skill that you can barter your time for a lttle Honda thingie?

Justjim75
Justjim75 HalfDork
8/1/19 7:48 p.m.

In reply to bearmtnmartin :

ThaThat's s pretty much what I've been doing, and why i posted here. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 HalfDork
8/1/19 7:50 p.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

Maybe a new post in the Challenge section? I have lots of small ock Chevy goodies, sticky Miata tires, a bag of tools and a bit of knowledge........

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/1/19 7:59 p.m.

I can think of cheaper ways to break your collarbone, but I applaud your chutzpah. 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia HalfDork
8/1/19 7:59 p.m.

i had one of the first  Honda 250R's  great fun out in the Dunes !

And a big jump from an ATC 110

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/1/19 11:11 p.m.
Petrolburner
Petrolburner Dork
8/11/19 6:05 p.m.

I can't blame ya.  I bought an 86 250R this past winter and I love it.  I've ridden it in the dunes, on trails, and I even swapped my 85 Big Red tires on to it and rode it around in 5" of fresh snow on trails.  So fun.  I paid $3500 for a nicely built/restored one.  

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
8/12/19 7:52 a.m.

In reply to Petrolburner :

The biggest thing to draw me to the GRM community was the budge minded car guy thing, while i would love to just BUY a bitchin' 250r, i spent a bit over $3500 on my last 2 cars.....combined, so it woukd be nuts to drop that on a toy.  Post a video to make my "problem" worse!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TWwea5snoHp8v7YUHPhnZmc5LdzB3bz0qe1qYhdg6PIWTjZFoCXyoOVY6yj5SPzB