1 2 3
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
6/26/13 6:42 a.m.

Sautee gently in butter, white wine and garlic.

mad_machine wrote:
paranoid_android74 wrote: Only the cute ones. No exceptions
Mitchell wrote: I forget, do we help all of the animals, or just the cute ones?
What about the African Snails that are now invading florida?
tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
6/26/13 6:53 a.m.
914Driver wrote: Sautee gently in butter, white wine and garlic.
mad_machine wrote:
paranoid_android74 wrote: Only the cute ones. No exceptions
Mitchell wrote: I forget, do we help all of the animals, or just the cute ones?
What about the African Snails that are now invading florida?

Ugh. Now I can mentally taste that. It does not taste good. ICK

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
6/26/13 7:17 a.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: Couple weeks ago on the way home, traffic was backed up for miles. When I got to the "incident," it was a berkeleying hippy stopped on the right side of the interstate, pointing to a turtle on the other side of the interstate that was trying to make up its mind about crossing the highway during rush hour.

So did you run over the turtle or the hippy?

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
6/26/13 7:34 a.m.
poopshovel wrote:
Dr. Hess wrote: Couple weeks ago on the way home, traffic was backed up for miles. When I got to the "incident," it was a berkeleying hippy stopped on the right side of the interstate, pointing to a turtle on the other side of the interstate that was trying to make up its mind about crossing the highway during rush hour.
So did you run over the turtle or the hippy?

Hippies annoy me.

In other news:

I eat organic, locally sourced foods if at all possible.

I am investigating the purchase of an electric car

I fear we have too many wars and power concentrated in corporations and government

The last CD I bought was from Joe Cocker

I think it's stupid to run over turtles (know you were joking, Poop, making a point)

Holy crap - I am becoming one of them! Quick, let me get my pistol and my Ayn Rand books so I can prove I'm not one!

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
6/26/13 7:41 a.m.

If a larger animal is in the roadway alive or dead I call 911, preface the call w/ 'non-emergency' and creating a traffic hazard. Same w/ wounded deer on the roadside, let 'em dispatch the PD or warden to put the animal down. Done this several times and dispatch is appreciative.

Debris in the roadway... I've stopped before if safe but I'm tired of picking up other peoples E36 M3 they couldn't tie down securely.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
6/26/13 8:07 a.m.
fasted58 wrote: Debris in the roadway... I've stopped before if safe but I'm tired of picking up other peoples E36 M3 they couldn't tie down securely.

I sold a Chevy 1500 bed liner for $150 that I found on the shoulder of I81. It was 6" too short for my 2500HD or it would have been an even better score.

I have always wondered how someone could not notice losing that.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
6/26/13 9:18 a.m.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker:

ha ha, sold a Chevy 8' bedliner to a contractor, guy insisted he could haul it in a 6' bed Ford... didn't have so much as a ball of string in the truck... well huh, that was a disaster just waitin' to happen so I lent him two new ratchet straps I had and we secured it, said he'd return them next week when he picked his daughter up at the college down the road... never seen them again btw. Well, at least it didn't go airborne on the interstate and cause mayhem.

Guys like this are why building material and E36 M3 is scattered across highways. Tie yur E36 M3 down dammit.

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
6/26/13 10:23 a.m.

I have a fg hard cover for a F150 (in my case it's a '97 ... w/ 6' bed) for free ... only thing ...you gotta come get it ... by the end of the summer it'll be zawzall'ed into little pieces and hauled to the dump with the next load

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
6/26/13 10:55 a.m.
Ian F wrote: Having hit a fawn, sorry - no compassion here, either. While much smaller and lighter than an adult deer, it still did a fair amount of damage.

So no compassion for anything you hit if it damages your car? I hit an animal, regardless of damage done, I feel it's at least my respnsibility to put the animal down humanely. If I'm in an area where discharging my gun would be a bad idea I would call cops/animal control, whatever. Unfortunately no one seems to take responsibility for there actions around here, so the last time this happened it was a very young buck, with broken legs, in the snow and unable to move. I didn't want it to suffer, and it sure as hell wasn't going anywhere, so one quick shot and it was over.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
6/26/13 12:49 p.m.

In reply to Cotton:

No. And while I wouldn't intentionally impose suffering on any creature (other than aforementioned geese...) I also believe in Darwinism. In my case, the point is moot - the initial hit was fatal as I watched it go rigid while spinning in front of me as I slowing down before it slid down the road and into a sign post. This is on a busy and twisty rural road with no shoulder and it occured on a somewhat blind corner. There was no way to stop safely. I had to go another 1/2 mile before I could pull off to check the damage.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/26/13 7:49 p.m.
fasted58 wrote: Debris in the roadway... I've stopped before if safe but I'm tired of picking up other peoples E36 M3 they couldn't tie down securely.

Saw a metal shovelhead (not the harley) sitting in the middle of a busy road today. If I could have pulled over safely, I would have. Could just imagine somebody tagging that and having to smash into the side of their car of flip up to hit another

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I9KzZh01m2IlaRIf2qsFiDi4QKIH8FBfbZValpCLD00judw9IeVWk2DNbdUZqqpi