1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/28/21 2:18 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:
Pushrod said:

Nagy's really exposed now that he doesn't have Trubisky as his whipping boy... :)

Literally no one noticed that Trubisky had better 2020 stats than Dalton and Foles? But yeah, Nagy is not looking good right now. 

I was curious so I looked:

Of the 3 (notice Mitch and Andy started exact same number of games), Mitch has the best record, QBR, completion %, most TDs (with same INTs), etc. 

I mean, Mitch doesn't look top ten, but I see no reason to pay Millions more for Dalton...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/28/21 6:09 p.m.

In a total scoop, courtesy of Super70sSports, here's a copy of Matt Nagy's playbook:

birdmayne
birdmayne GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/28/21 8:28 p.m.

I don't know about all of you, but my fantasy football team is garbage.  I'm amazed at just how bad my picks have performed. 

They've been nearly as bad as the Seattle secondary, which has been baffling at best. 

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/28/21 10:06 p.m.

Has anyone watched the Payton and Eli MNF show? I've only watched the shortened versions on YouTube, but what I have seen has been berking hilarious. Basically two brothers watching a game and ripping on each other the way only brothers can, interspersed with them occasionally talking about the game. And they Zoom in other celebrities to make fun of each other (and maybe talk about the game).

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/29/21 6:05 a.m.

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

I have, and would much rather watch them than the normal talking heads.  They are both funny and informative- given how they were able to read plays, they explain it well.

stroker
stroker UberDork
9/29/21 6:26 a.m.
Ian F (Forum Supporter) said:

Has anyone watched the Payton and Eli MNF show? I've only watched the shortened versions on YouTube, but what I have seen has been berking hilarious. Basically two brothers watching a game and ripping on each other the way only brothers can, interspersed with them occasionally talking about the game. And they Zoom in other celebrities to make fun of each other (and maybe talk about the game).

I was told almost precisely the same thing by one of my friends.

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/29/21 8:01 a.m.

Matt Stafford won NFC offensive player of the week once in all his time with the Lions. He's already won it twice with the Rams.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/29/21 8:44 a.m.

In reply to Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) :

Lions gonna Lion!  

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
9/29/21 11:08 a.m.

That's the difference in coaches playing to win vs playing not to lose.

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/29/21 11:30 a.m.
Ranger50 said:

That's the difference in coaches playing to win vs playing not to lose.

And having genuine NFL-level talent around you. The Lions had bits and pieces during Stafford's time here, but they never brought it all together for him. I'm just happy to see him doing well.

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
9/29/21 11:59 a.m.

I'll only reference the Patriots here because they won with players that were not top level draft picks. Nor were they "NFL quality". They got coached to be in that realm. 
Who's the one receiver the Lions picked up from NE? Complete dud because they don't throw to him at all. Goff is a mediocre qb at best. I'm not being dismissive of the current players but the front office needs to butt out if they want to do anything outside of being another teams easy win.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/29/21 12:15 p.m.

I think it is clear at this point that Nagy is terrible, but for the Bears QB talk... Meh. It is going to hurt because they traded UP to get him in the draft, and nobody was even talking about him, and they passed over Watson and Mahomes to select him. But I don't think he was all that bad... Just not a 2nd draft pick. But I don't think there are more than 10,000 people on the planet who are capable of being an NFL QB, and I would imagine that less than 100 of those people actually play football. It is why Brett Farve was asked if he'd be interested in a comeback, after his second retirement by (can't remember the team).

In any case, for the Bears, I still remember Cade McNown in the first round the year after they drafted Curtis Enis in the first round, not drafting Drew Brees, and then getting Rex Grossman. At least he got them to the Super Bowl. 

I think it is pretty obvious that the real problem for the Bears is the McCaskey family.

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
9/30/21 8:18 a.m.

In reply to stroker :

San Francisco beat the Lions and Eagles, I am not bought into Jimmy G, the big names and constant injuries. The NFC looks like a disaster, right now other then the Rams, they walked one on Tom. Green Bay plays the Steelers (who look bad), Bengals (Bad), Bears (bad), and Washington (bad). They have a easy schedule and they opt to keep Aaron who won't make it to the superbowl and everybody will blame it on the defense. It's obvious that Jordan Love is terrible. Instead of trading Aaron during a good Qb draft class, they will have to draft Spencer Rattler who is a poor man's Johnny Manziel. Meanwhile the only thing you can count on from Aaron is a drama filled offseason. Seems like a lose lose negotiation for Aaron and GB, if they wanted to make it to the Super Bowl and/or the future beyond Aaron.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/30/21 9:03 a.m.
trigun7469 said:

In reply to stroker :

San Francisco beat the Lions and Eagles, I am not bought into Jimmy G, the big names and constant injuries. The NFC looks like a disaster, right now other then the Rams, they walked one on Tom. Green Bay plays the Steelers (who look bad), Bengals (Bad), Bears (bad), and Washington (bad). They have a easy schedule and they opt to keep Aaron who won't make it to the superbowl and everybody will blame it on the defense. It's obvious that Jordan Love is terrible. Instead of trading Aaron during a good Qb draft class, they will have to draft Spencer Rattler who is a poor man's Johnny Manziel. Meanwhile the only thing you can count on from Aaron is a drama filled offseason. Seems like a lose lose negotiation for Aaron and GB, if they wanted to make it to the Super Bowl and/or the future beyond Aaron.

It's funny, because I think Aaron wins despite what the rest of GB is doing. I think the field goal call was BS - when you've got the momentum you gotta keep rolling. (yes winning the game depended on an onside kick either way, and therefore was unlikely, for sure). 

Right now, GB is the Bears, except GB has a top 5 all time QB, and the Bears don't. I think Aaron was re-making that point to GB ownership in week 1. 

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
9/30/21 9:29 a.m.

In reply to Ranger50 :

Perhaps, but it does look like there was more to Tom Brady than just being part of the "Patriot Way". 

While football is a team sport, a few individual parts can make such a big difference. Sometimes one small part can have a positive or negative affect that is nearly impossible to predict. 

jgrewe
jgrewe HalfDork
9/30/21 3:33 p.m.

I just heard on the radio that this week's Bucs game will feature the largest age difference between opposing quarterbacks.

The Patriot's quarterback was born on the same day as Brady's first college start.

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
9/30/21 6:53 p.m.

In reply to jgrewe :

Young McCorkle is probably going to get schooled by the GOAT Sunday night.  Kind of a strange reversal of fortune around here these days although I’m somewhat optimistic that’s only a temporary thing.  Time will tell.  

There was actually a time (like from the early 60’s until 2002) that the team sucked so hard they often didn’t sell enough tickets at the old Sullivan stadium and the games would get blacked out on local TV.  Fast forward, my son was born in ‘96 and had never seen them have a losing season until last year.   We actually made it to the “big game” right after he was born only to get completely stomped by da Bears.  Good ownership and coaching really helped change things but that GOAT fella was pretty instrumental in doing the work that got those titles.  

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
10/4/21 2:37 p.m.

Steve Belichick's tongue wagging video goes viral

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/4/21 2:58 p.m.

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

you can legally stream most games for free via yahoo now. I prefer it to standard TV as you can flip from the game to the stats tabs readily

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
10/4/21 3:01 p.m.

Both the Giants and the Jets won! (barely...) It's an Oktoberfest Miracle! 

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
10/4/21 3:03 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

Really?  Hmm...  might look into that.

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
10/4/21 3:18 p.m.

Watching Baltimore run on the last play of the game to keep the 100 yard rush streak alive gave me warm fuzzy feelings. Watching Denver fans complain on Reddit is even better 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/4/21 3:21 p.m.

Here's my trash talk:  Football sucks.

Actually, all professional ball sports suck.

wink

I kid, I kid.  That is my opinion, but it's also irrelevant to anyone posting here.  I'm just talking trash at the most fundamental level.  Carry on.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/21/21 7:05 p.m.

It might be all the gin I've drank during pregame......but I think the Browns have a shot tonight with Case Keenum.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
10/21/21 11:47 p.m.

In reply to logdog (Forum Supporter) :

And a running back nobody had on their radar.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eS6EfF94ovKmVekxMMvkME9PPDi1GpqzP8fE2WOCyPMDiZGpq4iNhFDpNgqbLJ0X