1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
stroker
stroker UberDork
10/22/21 7:07 a.m.

I'm probably going to regret this, but I'm taking Green Bay to beat the (currently) undefeated Cardinals next week.  The Cardinals are playing Houston this weekend so they'll likely be 7-0...

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/22/21 7:52 a.m.

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

It may not have been some crazy dominating win, but a win is a win!  2 years in a row I have made it this far in the season without getting the "There is always next year" attitude.  Im ready to build a Kevin Stefanski statue.

stroker
stroker UberDork
10/30/21 10:33 p.m.
stroker said:

I'm probably going to regret this, but I'm taking Green Bay to beat the (currently) undefeated Cardinals next week.  The Cardinals are playing Houston this weekend so they'll likely be 7-0...

Heh, heh, heh....

kazoospec
kazoospec PowerDork
10/31/21 8:34 a.m.

Well, Lions are still on pace for that mythical 0-17 season, cementing their place as the undisputed worst team in the NFL.  A part of me almost hopes they make it. 

I don't sports bet, but I gave serious thought to throwing $20 on an 0-17 before the season started.  I'm guessing the returns would be a lot less now. 

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/31/21 9:31 a.m.
kazoospec said:

Well, Lions are still on pace for that mythical 0-17 season, cementing their place as the undisputed worst team in the NFL.  A part of me almost hopes they make it. 

I don't sports bet, but I gave serious thought to throwing $20 on an 0-17 before the season started.  I'm guessing the returns would be a lot less now. 

I still think they'll get a win or two. They're a bad team, but they still play hard and seem to be well-coached. And a couple of their losses have been heartbreakers, especially the Baltimore game.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/31/21 6:17 p.m.

In reply to Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) :

Maybe... but they just got blown out by the Eagles. Who are terrible this year. 

gearheadmb
gearheadmb UltraDork
10/31/21 6:48 p.m.

God dammit I hate when we lose to Pittsburgh 

stroker
stroker UberDork
11/5/21 9:17 a.m.

I'm still going to ride the Packer train and predict a first victory for Jordan Love against the Chiefs this weekend.  

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/7/21 6:13 p.m.

Wait wait wait ... I can talk E36 M3 now because my Jaguars beat the motherberkeleying Bills. 

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
11/7/21 6:36 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

And we here in New England are very appreciative of their efforts! devil

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
11/7/21 7:22 p.m.
stroker said:

I'm still going to ride the Packer train and predict a first victory for Jordan Love against the Chiefs this weekend.  

That was a terrible game to feature as the game of the week.  I'm sure the talking heads will say how awesome the D's were, but the reality is that both offenses were horrible.  Utterly horrible.  Seemed that neither team wanted to win.

stroker
stroker UberDork
11/7/21 9:30 p.m.
alfadriver said:
stroker said:

That was a terrible game to feature as the game of the week.  I'm sure the talking heads will say how awesome the D's were, but the reality is that both offenses were horrible.  Utterly horrible.  Seemed that neither team wanted to win.

Yeah, I'm wondering what condiment goes with crow...

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
11/8/21 6:31 a.m.

In reply to stroker :

Eating crow for the NFL suggests that it can be accurately predicted.  And seeing how the Broncos beat the Cowboys pretty badly suggests that it can't be.  So you don't need to go that far.

I was more stunned how inept the two offenses were- Patrick Mahomes has very much lost his mojo, and the play calling has not helped.  And it's not as if its JUST the D's figuring his game out- he's missing some easy passes.  And then the play calling for rookie Jordan Love- huh...  It took 4 quarters to get it right, and by then the game was wasted.

Let alone the numerous dropped passes by both teams- I saw more mistakes vs. good D ( and there was some very good D out there on both sides).  

Just a terrible game all around.

chaparral
chaparral Dork
11/9/21 10:59 a.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

I bet on the Lions to go 0-17 before the season started, and I would put money on them to do so now. They are much, much worse than any team they face and have kept games close with the most aggressive playcalling I've ever seen from an NFL coach. I would think at some point soon that will be figured out and the 44-6 defeat by the Eagles will be typical. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
11/9/21 11:14 a.m.

In reply to chaparral :

0-18 if you count the most recent loss vs. Bye.  

11/9/21 11:29 a.m.
alfadriver said:

In reply to chaparral :

0-18 if you count the most recent loss vs. Bye.  

Since the Rams lost last week, it really does feel like we lost the bye.

stroker
stroker UberDork
11/14/21 10:29 a.m.

I suggest we take a page from "Karens" and start referring to NFL officials as "Emily" (aka "Emily Latella" from SNL and her phrase, "Never mind...").

With this number of blown calls I think you could make the case this officiating crew has no business in the NFL...

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
11/14/21 3:59 p.m.

Wow. Just wow. Steelers, wtf?

kazoospec
kazoospec PowerDork
11/14/21 6:29 p.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

The Lions never cease to amaze me.  They managed to screw up Chaparral's 0-17 bet . . . without winning a game.   What I heard of the game on the radio seemed like the Lions and Steelers were in an epic struggle to see who wanted the win less.  

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/14/21 7:20 p.m.

The Eagles actually won on the road against a team with a winning record. Wonders will never cease. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
11/14/21 7:24 p.m.
kazoospec said:

In reply to Steve_Jones :

The Lions never cease to amaze me.  They managed to screw up Chaparral's 0-17 bet . . . without winning a game.   What I heard of the game on the radio seemed like the Lions and Steelers were in an epic struggle to see who wanted the win less.  

I watched the game after the Sao Palo GP finished.  Yea, it was terrible.  Mistake after mistake, dumb penalty after dumb penalty.  And tons of lost opportunities to win for BOTH teams.  The way in ended was epic- Steelers driving in the last min of OT, and were just in range of getting the game winning FG- and one of the receivers put the ball on the ground- turn over.   The Lions finished the game with some lame attempt at lateraling the ball.

I feel bad for the local channel that had it, as they lost a lot for that one.

11/14/21 8:40 p.m.
alfadriver said:

I watched the game after the Sao Palo GP finished.  Yea, it was terrible.  Mistake after mistake, dumb penalty after dumb penalty.  And tons of lost opportunities to win for BOTH teams.  The way in ended was epic- Steelers driving in the last min of OT, and were just in range of getting the game winning FG- and one of the receivers put the ball on the ground- turn over.   The Lions finished the game with some lame attempt at lateraling the ball.

I feel bad for the local channel that had it, as they lost a lot for that one.

The overtime period in that game was hilariously bad. Not as bad as Jared Goff, but still, pretty bad.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
11/22/21 9:33 a.m.

The NFL in general is really doing well to show how bad Detroit is.  "Bad" teams are regularly able to beat "Good" teams.  Even yesterday, Houston beat their old team, the Titans.   But Detroit could do nothing against the struggling Browns.

How in world could the front office pack this team with such bad talent?  And it's been this way forever.  Somehow, they can also figure out who to hire so that these below average players can't even achieve their nominal talent.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/16/21 6:49 p.m.

Ok I'm going all in right now and betting that no other team in the NFL is a bigger dumpster fire than my Jaguars.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/16/21 8:03 p.m.

I love that Jacksonville makes Cleveland look like they have their act together!

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
m2MfU4E63KmQwKzIoyog5Bmkfcfvah92vReLe4YbhRo7da1KUQURBDInCzOQO6Gx