1 2 3 ... 5
3Door4G
3Door4G Reader
10/15/10 11:56 p.m.

I decided to change it up for my third and final blog question.

What is the ugliest car you've ever seen?

Modified cars count, but not damaged cars. Any car will look ugly when run into enough heavy objects.

I'm sure the Pontiac Aztek will make this list, but it almost seems too obvious. I'm curious to see what other cars have gotten a healthy beating with the ugly stick.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/16/10 7:00 a.m.

3Door4G
3Door4G Reader
10/16/10 7:02 a.m.

I kind of like that

JoeyM
JoeyM Dork
10/16/10 7:07 a.m.
Knurled wrote:

godzilla is fat, not ugly. THIS is ugly

http://jalopnik.com/5484698/sbarro-autobau-the-ugliest-car-weve-ever-seen

pete240z
pete240z SuperDork
10/16/10 7:15 a.m.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
10/16/10 7:25 a.m.

Okay, those are too easy. The ugliest production car I have seen in the flesh is the Citroen 2CV.

The last one I saw for real was yellow and black, far too ugly to imagine.

Zomby woof
Zomby woof Dork
10/16/10 7:26 a.m.

That Datsun is pretty ugly, but the one that always makes me gag is this

No matter how you look at it, there's not a single line that looks right.

TJ
TJ SuperDork
10/16/10 7:53 a.m.

Fiat Multipla.

Unless this thing doesn't count as a car. I'm not really sure what it is, but it is ugly.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/16/10 8:51 a.m.

For some reason, lots of people think these are beautiful.

I do not.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
10/16/10 9:24 a.m.

Ha! Didn't that same car make the "most elegant" thread??

MikeSVO
MikeSVO Reader
10/16/10 10:37 a.m.
Knurled wrote:

I'm in total agreement. That's not a 'good' looking car to me at all. It looks like a Maxima, which to me is just a regular, plain-vanilla transportation appliance for the masses. But with a wing.

I think some cars become appealing because of their stats - THAT'S one of them.

ditchdigger
ditchdigger HalfDork
10/16/10 1:29 p.m.

That matador is downright cute compared to what came after it

Yeeck!

ditchdigger
ditchdigger HalfDork
10/16/10 1:39 p.m.

I started a thread very similar to this on a local forum and the first 3 pages were pretty much all full of K-cars and AMC's.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture HalfDork
10/16/10 1:42 p.m.

One day I wanna see a Baja painted up like a flying saucer

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
10/16/10 1:47 p.m.
BobOfTheFuture wrote: One day I wanna see a Baja painted up like a flying saucer

What needs changing?

integraguy
integraguy Dork
10/16/10 2:14 p.m.

I used to own one of the ugliest cars Chrysler ever built, a '54 Plymouth. From the back, it was a decent enough car, but when you got to the front you found EVERY possible styling element used on cars in the late '40s-early '50s. The front fenders had "eyebrows", yet the rear fenders didn't. the grille had those HUGE chrome teeth seen on almost every '50s car, yet the rest of the car was very free of chrome, almost tasteful. And some folks opted to add more "distinction" by having the dealer install a full width "visor" over the outside of the windshield.

FlightService
FlightService Reader
10/16/10 2:28 p.m.

Gee Wiz Type R?

Zomby woof
Zomby woof Dork
10/16/10 2:44 p.m.
ditchdigger wrote: That matador is downright cute compared to what came after it Yeeck!

They ran concurrently.

That was the sedan.

This heinous peice of equipment gets my vote, too, as do most mid 60's to late 70's Fords.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/16/10 3:14 p.m.
JoeyM wrote: godzilla is fat, not ugly. THIS is ugly

Ugly is always in the eye of the beholder. I saw a GT-R in person. (Several times actually)

Besides the fact that it looks larger than some minivans, the thing is hideous. Take Mimi from the Drew Carey Show for the huge, and cross her with the cyborg zombie thing from Resident Evil II for the ugly.

PS - I want an Aztek. I have no idea why, as I don't like minivans or GMs. But something about a bright yellow Aztek makes me want it. Maybe I've seen Judge Dredd too many times.

Nitroracer
Nitroracer Dork
10/16/10 3:51 p.m.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar Reader
10/16/10 4:41 p.m.
Zomby woof wrote: That Datsun is pretty ugly, but the one that always makes me gag is this No matter how you look at it, there's not a single line that looks right.

Here, let me fix that for you...

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar Reader
10/16/10 4:45 p.m.

The 1962 Dodge Dart / Polara

Drewsifer
Drewsifer HalfDork
10/16/10 4:47 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
Ugly is always in the eye of the beholder. I saw a GT-R in person. (Several times actually) Besides the fact that it looks larger than some minivans, the thing is hideous. Take Mimi from the Drew Carey Show for the huge, and cross her with the cyborg zombie thing from Resident Evil II for the ugly. PS - I want an Aztek. I have no idea why, as I don't like minivans or GMs. But something about a bright yellow Aztek makes me want it. Maybe I've seen Judge Dredd too many times.

Not bad looking at all really.

The BMW 5-Series GT Super Huge Thingy

Horrible.

JoeyM
JoeyM Dork
10/16/10 5:41 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
Ugly is always in the eye of the beholder. I saw a GT-R in person. (Several times actually)..

One of the MSCC members has one, so we see it fairly often. To me it is....purposeful, effective.....just not elegant. I'm more of a fan of the small/light/nimble, but I can't argue with how well it gets the job done when he's autocrossing.

PS - I want an Aztek. I have no idea why, as I don't like minivans or GMs. But something about a bright yellow Aztek makes me want it.

Jay Leno thinks they'll eventually become a collectible....something similar to the edsel....disliked at the time, but now just thought of as quirky.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro Dork
10/16/10 5:57 p.m.
Woody wrote: For some reason, lots of people think these are beautiful. I do not.

You sir, have no soul.

This is ugly:

I know, I owned one.

Shawn

1 2 3 ... 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fPbSpmptLDnbjDv2sEVbVpxdaYzS7M5XfUiagbqaeCBIQS5r4ZtuGEwszJ09SXHS