1 2 3 4
volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Reader
5/14/12 10:26 a.m.
Rob_Mopar wrote: This is Mr. Volvo Clearinghouse's car, I'll leave the box flare option up to him.

I was thinking tubbing wouldn't be out of the question, but I like the lines of the 64 Dart too much to fit flares.

volvoclearinghouse
5/14/12 10:29 a.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: to volvoclearinghouse: i recently bought some mopar stuff out of a storage locker. there is an unused set of long-tube headers with the number "4200" stamped on the flanges. there is no brand identification on them, so my google-fu didn't find the original application for these headers. the only part in this pile of parts that was tagged was a Tilton bellhousing, which has a paper tag on it with handwritten "67 barracuda small block". if these headers would make your life easier, i would send them to you for $75 plus shipping from 48187. i can take pix, measurements, etc, if you'd like.

Pics, definitely. Are the headers painted, ceramic coated, or rusty? ;-) email me at tunachuckers at gmail dot you know what goes here

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/14/12 11:27 a.m.

In reply to volvoclearinghouse:

they're painted black, typical header paint, but have been knocking around in storage for some unknown amount of time so have plenty of scrapes and scuffs where bare metal is exposed. but they've never been on an engine as far as i can tell (no evidence of bolt tightening, no distortion of flanges @ head or collector, zero soot in pipes, etc).

pix tonight.

volvoclearinghouse
5/15/12 7:16 a.m.

Snuck out Sunday in between raindrops and took some pictures for inspiration here:

stroker
stroker Dork
5/15/12 1:17 p.m.

that doesn't look too bad...

volvoclearinghouse
5/15/12 2:31 p.m.
stroker wrote: that doesn't look too bad...

I'd actually forgotten how nice a car it was. Guy I got it from was a Chevy guy and wanted no part of it. The weatherstripping's dead and the carpet is wet- I'm thinking rip all the carpet out (as well as the dash), paint the floors, put in some decent buckets, remove the back seat, and polish up the exterior. I love that it had radio delete, manual brakes, manual steering...and those headlight surrounds are nearly perfect- a rare find. I bought a dented-up pair for my '63 Dart a few years back for like 40 each.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar Dork
5/15/12 2:45 p.m.

My buddy has bought '64 Darts just for the headlight surrounds. More than once. He has 3 good '64 Darts now.

Check the cowl for rot. I've seen a couple that looked like good cars but the cowl was rotted out. Can be fixed, but wasn't worth it for any of those.

If you decide you want to put weatherstripping & carpet in and want to redo the seats open the June GRM to the bottom left corner of pg. 174 and I'll see if I can help.

AngryCorvair
5/15/12 11:43 p.m.

AngryCorvair
5/15/12 11:44 p.m.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
5/16/12 7:03 a.m.

I think those headers are old JR brand. IIRC they had 4 digit part #'s way back when.

volvoclearinghouse
5/16/12 7:04 a.m.

Cool, thanks for the pics. Do you have a box to ship them?

Alternatively, I may be heading up to MI for work sometime in the next few weeks. Wonder if they could count as a "checked bag". Wouldn't be the first time I've couriered auto parts by plane...

AngryCorvair
5/16/12 8:39 a.m.
volvoclearinghouse wrote: Cool, thanks for the pics. Do you have a box to ship them? Alternatively, I may be heading up to MI for work sometime in the next few weeks. Wonder if they could count as a "checked bag". Wouldn't be the first time I've couriered auto parts by plane...

we just moved office buildings a couple weeks ago so i can probably rustle up a big enough box to contain them. do you have some elite flyer status that allows you free checked bags? if not, it might be cheaper to ground ship via UPS or FedEx

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bjmSy4NVhugHKGjIf4T7lHDt6IOHxNUFtGQ0jKxJzIu9ynhj6bwVpz08dh0Nakq5