GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/2/08 11:14 a.m.

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUKL3013740020080630?feedType=RSS&feedName=oddlyEnoughNews

“If you have a bucket that holds two gallons, and another bucket that holds five gallons, how many buckets do you have?”

Next year if another statistic is available, it will be possible to predict the approximate date of an Idiocracy-like future.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
7/2/08 11:18 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: “If you have a bucket that holds two gallons, and another bucket that holds five gallons, how many buckets do you have?”

neon4891
neon4891 HalfDork
7/2/08 11:21 a.m.

"Berkeley off" and think if that happened in an American school, the kid would have ended up with a detention.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/2/08 11:36 a.m.
neon4891 wrote: "Berkeley off" and think if that happened in an American school, the kid would have ended up with a diploma.

EDITED for content

GlennS
GlennS HalfDork
7/2/08 11:45 a.m.

berkeleying awesome

neon4891
neon4891 HalfDork
7/2/08 12:15 p.m.

You could be right, I graduated in '02 and have not looked back, so I'm not too sure of what "No Child Left Behind" has really done for the school system.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
7/2/08 12:19 p.m.
neon4891 wrote: You could be right, I graduated in '02 and have not looked back, so I'm not too sure of what "No Child Left Behind" has really done for the school system.

Berkeleyed it in the ass.

It has forced teachers to spend more time on test-prep than teaching. It has discouraged qualified potential teachers from entering the field, especially male teachers.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
7/2/08 1:16 p.m.

~"Joe could understand them, but when he talked, they thought he sounded 'pompous' and 'faggy.'"

confuZion3
confuZion3 HalfDork
7/2/08 1:21 p.m.
ClemSparks wrote: ~"Joe could understand them, but when he talked, they thought he sounded 'pompous' and 'faggy.'"

I think that was one of my favorite lines of the movie.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
7/2/08 2:43 p.m.

Another one of mine. Between cabinet members:

"I never seen no plant grow outta no toilet!"

"Ha...that's good! You sure you ain't the smahtest man alive?"

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 New Reader
7/2/08 3:24 p.m.

"If you don't smoke Tarryltons... Berkeley You! "

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners