DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
6/28/17 8:30 p.m.

Tomorrow my three kids (10, 13, 15) will have their very own booth at our local farmer's market. My youngest son has the entrepreneurial spirit. He's always asking to cut neighbors lawn and shovel snow. One day I made some very good gluten free brownies and he wanted to make some and sell them door-to-door to the neighbors. I mentioned that he could get a booth at the farmers market this coming summer and he was all over it like a mullet on a Firebird owner
Fast forward a few months and they decided on a menu, and just got back from shopping. They are doing the maths to figure out a per-piece cost, add in over head, and figure out a profit margin.
I'm really excited and can't wait to see how tomorrow goes. This is the first of at least 5 weeks and they are excited!
GO LITTLE BOOSTS!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/28/17 8:35 p.m.

The world needs MOAR boost!

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/28/17 8:40 p.m.

Awesome.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
6/28/17 8:43 p.m.

Mmmm, brownies. Go mini boosts, go!

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
6/28/17 8:57 p.m.

Which farmers market are they going to? I am going to be in Flint, Davison and Fenton tomorrow, perhaps I can get a brownie.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
6/28/17 9:18 p.m.
pilotbraden wrote: Which farmers market are they going to? I am going to be in Flint, Davison and Fenton tomorrow, perhaps I can get a brownie.

Fenton. That'd be cool. Look for the family of 5 wearing matching "Popcicle Pastries" shirts. Make sure you let me know who you are. I always like to meet GRMers. Joey48442 is planning on stopping by too.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
6/29/17 11:30 a.m.

Oh man! I came home for lunch today and the house smells like a chocolate explosion! I might have to eat all the profits.

D2W
D2W Reader
6/29/17 11:34 a.m.
DrBoost wrote: Oh man! I came home for lunch today and the house smells like a chocolate explosion! I might have to eat all the profits.

If you're going to be a dealer you can't be a user

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/29/17 2:08 p.m.
D2W wrote:
DrBoost wrote: Oh man! I came home for lunch today and the house smells like a chocolate explosion! I might have to eat all the profits.
If you're going to be a dealer you can't be a user

Don't get high on your own supply! That's one of the rules.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
6/29/17 9:39 p.m.

Haha. I was able to control myself. I didn't eat any of it!
Luke, the youngest boost, blows my mind. We're here at the farmers market and the kids are doing well. Down the way there's a woman singing. Luke had the idea to go down to her and offer her any one of their products in return for her to plug our booth between songs. It worked. For one piece of cake she gave us a plug and allowed Luke to get on the mic and tell everyone what they have. It was a commercial brake!!
It was awesome!

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
6/30/17 5:17 a.m.

Awesome.

warpedredneck
warpedredneck Reader
6/30/17 9:29 a.m.

world needs more of this!

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
6/30/17 3:57 p.m.

Awesome... just awesome.

chuckles
chuckles Dork
6/30/17 8:13 p.m.

Everything at the Farmer's Market is $5.00. Including large brownies.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
6/30/17 8:15 p.m.

Dude, your kid is a genius.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 SuperDork
6/30/17 8:18 p.m.

Well done boost offspring! Sounds like you're raising them up right.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
6/30/17 8:50 p.m.
BlueInGreen44 wrote: Well done boost offspring! Sounds like you're raising them up right.

I'm sure trying!
Thanks all for the kind words.
The kids did good. They grossed about $42/hr

92dxman
92dxman SuperDork
6/30/17 11:26 p.m.

Awesome job

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
7/6/17 8:52 p.m.

Week #2 tonight. The hot weather had the crowds a little thinner, but the kids did well.
We had some competition this week that we didn't have last week, but next week we'll spread rumors of roaches or something at the other booths

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JwdQwJ5rOc96SF9aFeQU8ldupo6dU46XjLwzzYlg8doe1rsKt02fZeZoYxM5QIkE