gamby
gamby SuperDork
11/24/11 12:58 a.m.
Sonic wrote: The orange/white one is Mugen,

How did I not know you had a cat named Mugen??? lol

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/20/11 9:53 a.m.

Quick update - he's been living on our porch since he decided to adopt us so when we got the call from the shelter that they had a space for him we politely declined.

Even with the cold nighttime temperatures he seems to be doing OK, so he's got an appointment with the vet on Friday and I'll see if I can build him a better shelter that keeps him warmer at night.

Yeah, both me and my wife have "sucker" written on our foreheads in feline.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/20/11 12:17 p.m.
BoxheadTim wrote: Yeah, both me and my wife have "sucker" written on our foreheads in feline.

Join the club ma'man. All my pets are strays.

Some ideas for outside or feral cat housing, feeding.

Some other ideas like this one:

z31maniac
z31maniac SuperDork
12/20/11 12:31 p.m.

Glad you kept him.

I think we are going to adopt a 2nd cat this or next week. I'm worried that our current cat (he was adopted, but has had the house/us to himself for 3 years) will not be happy about it!

N Sperlo
N Sperlo SuperDork
12/20/11 12:35 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac:

They'll fight it out for a day or two, then make up and cuddle. Unless its a kitten. The older one will protest until they have secured their dominance before making sure the little one is safe and healthy. My boy, Shadow, kept Sunny under my bed for a day for safe keeping. She was two weeks old. He was two years old.

Klayfish
Klayfish HalfDork
12/20/11 12:37 p.m.

If you decided you don't want to keep him long term, have you tried putting a CL ad up? Really. There's a very large farm across the street from our house. There are a couple of cats that live there, they belong to the lady who cares for the horses. The week that Hurricane Irene came, the female cat had a litter of 5 kittens. My kids instantly started caring for them, etc...and were begging us to have one. We already have a cat and are happy with just one. Even worse, the kittens started to try to come to our house when they heard the kids outside...we live on a busy roadway and were afraid they'd get hit by a car. I put a CL ad up for free kittens. We got 3 of them adopted by loving families within 2 weeks. The lady who owned the mother cat found homes for the remaining two.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/20/11 12:41 p.m.

Whenever I am introducing a new member to the fold, I will bring the new fellow in in a crate and let everyone sniff each other through the holes. Then I find a quiet room for the newcomer to explore without confrontations. They sniff at each other under the door a bunch, but usually not much growling. Once the newby's body language is showing that they are curious but not overwhelmed by everything, then I let one cat at a time come in for a visit.

Edit: Currently at 4 cats, 3 dogs

Taiden
Taiden Dork
12/20/11 12:55 p.m.

Our cat was born under a junked truck on a farm in Maine. My uncle used to visit a friend who was a neighbor to the farm. In the spring the kittens would roll over to the friends house and play with the children. One of them took to my uncle, and since winter was coming, he decided to get her registered and vaccinated.

This cat lives with us now, and she is tough as a box of cut nails. Personality bigger than the world, big bushy tail a la Maine coon.

And strangely enough, she's the only cat I've never been allergic to.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
3/13/13 3:22 p.m.

Can't find the GRM Pet Thread.

So here's a fresh picture of Mr. Peach. He's large.

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
3/13/13 3:28 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: I wondered where Garfield went.
< A year later, we have this lug- Happiest guy on earth. I think every day how lucky I am to have found him cowering in the HS, not as likely to get adopted as the cute ball of kittens in the next cage. He's probably made me happier than any single animal I've had. A year later

Love the Batman symbol he has on his chest. LOL

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
3/13/13 3:31 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: Can't find the GRM Pet Thread. So here's a fresh picture of Mr. Peach. He's large.

Holy E36 M3, that cat is HUGE!!!

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
3/13/13 3:49 p.m.

Yeah... he's just about 30lbs, and actually not fat. The girl holding him is my fiancee, she's 5'5", so not a midget or anything.

Normal-sized Egyptian Mau in my laundry basket.

Mr. Peach in the same basket.

Mr. Peach trying to fit in a cat tower.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/13/13 4:17 p.m.

this is the highlight of my four years of cat ownership.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon Dork
3/13/13 4:52 p.m.

2 of my cats are rescues. I got them from the pet store next to double dragon take out Chinese

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
3/13/13 4:58 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: Yeah... he's just about 30lbs, and actually not fat.

Mr. Peach is a big fella--like a small mountain lion.

Good looking kitties in here.

I was never a fan of cats until out two gals came to us when my cousin divorced and they needed a new home. The only good thing to come out of that divorce. The clingier of the two (Chloe) is sitting on my forearm and mouse pad as I type this--because cats are narcissists. I'm nuts about them (especially Chloe)

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/13/13 5:02 p.m.

nananananananananana....BATMAN! Siamese Manx. Ignore the filter, my girlfriend is apparently a wannabe hipster.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
z6BfogvWm4x09aXrdmGV0u4CRS9lt2UruCrOeEmxvXkLyDSfUUsqOBUumXIy6Q7C