DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Reader
10/5/10 2:03 p.m.

Fortunately, I live 1/4 mile from work! :)

Mopar Challenger Drag Pak

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan HalfDork
10/5/10 2:12 p.m.

lordy me likee even for 85 large.

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
10/5/10 3:29 p.m.

What are the chances that this appears somewhere:

"Warranty Void if vehicle used in competition event"

I suspect a lot of these will be rolled into garages, not to be seen in many years (maybe at a few car shows).

Ian F
Ian F Dork
10/5/10 4:31 p.m.
aircooled wrote: I suspect a lot of these will be rolled into garages, not to be seen in many years (maybe at a few car shows).

Sad, but probably true...

Makes you have all the more respect for "Hemi Fred" in NJ who regularly races an original Sox & Martin Duster.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy HalfDork
10/5/10 7:50 p.m.
aircooled wrote: What are the chances that this appears somewhere: "Warranty Void if vehicle used in competition event" I suspect a lot of these will be rolled into garages, not to be seen in many years (maybe at a few car shows).

No warranty intended or implied. Not a pollution controlled vehicle, intended for off road use only.

They are basically an NHRA stock class racer. Don Garlits got the first one, IIRC.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
10/6/10 7:56 a.m.
aircooled wrote: I suspect a lot of these will be rolled into garages, not to be seen in many years (maybe at a few car shows).

Pretty much.

Although a purpose drag car doesn't really pile the miles on...

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
10/6/10 8:44 a.m.

The 2-speed transmission would may daily driving pretty unacceptable but for short drives (say about a 1/4 mile at a time) it should be prefect!

chuckles
chuckles New Reader
10/6/10 9:02 a.m.

On that transmission description: What is "built-in roll control?" Wait. Something to hold it on the line, right?

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt Dork
10/6/10 9:41 a.m.
aircooled wrote: What are the chances that this appears somewhere: "Warranty Void if vehicle used in competition event" I suspect a lot of these will be rolled into garages, not to be seen in many years (maybe at a few car shows).

They've been following about the same rule they had with early ACRs - they try to make sure the owner can prove plans to race it, instead of selling it to anyone who's got the cash. They even refused to sell one of the earlier Drag Pack cars to John Force. (He apparently was so mad over that he promptly went to Ford and bought one of their Cobra Jets to campaign in Super Stock.)

I'd imagine they would be hard to get registered... this is what they have where the VIN plate should go:

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/6/10 10:43 a.m.

I would like a ride...

Ranger50
Ranger50 Reader
10/6/10 12:35 p.m.
chuckles wrote: On that transmission description: What is "built-in roll control?" Wait. Something to hold it on the line, right?

Correct. From the previous DragPak's, they come with pre wired and plumbed line locks. But I suspect on the V10's, they also come with a Powerglide with a reverse pattern transbrake'd valve body.

I know of the 50 Ford CobraJets for their drag program, something like 40, are in collector storage and not being raced.

It is MUCH easier to just convert a bare bones V6 to a "DragPak" car and then you get a title to drive it on the street. The current MOPAR catalog lists almost all of the parts needed except for the motor/trans/rear suspension.

Brian

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZMrHzPz9DMRsQFCOU9EcEA5mWYiNJG5wVJY516ZmwMRX143iMxIi4iMsbofrl3ww