1 2 3 4
Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/21/10 6:24 p.m.
Lesley wrote: I once had someone suggest to me that I was selfish for being childless.

I had someone once tell me flat-out that I was selfish and arrogant for not dating.

Let that sink in. It was arrogant of me to not spread my awesomeness to the females of the species.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
8/21/10 6:27 p.m.
Wally said: Am I a bad person?

No, you're a responsible person, and you're the minority.

I've found that the people who say "WHEN'RE YA GONNA GET MARRIED? WHEN'RE YA GONNA GET MARRIED?" Immediately followed by "WHEN'RE YA GONNA HAVE KIDS? WHEN'RE YA GONNA HAVE KIDS?" are generally people who are miserable in their own relationship, and knew that when they had their psycho out-of-control kids whom they refuse to raise.

And you know what they say about that whole misery thing.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/21/10 6:34 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: I've found that the people who say "WHEN'RE YA GONNA GET MARRIED? WHEN'RE YA GONNA GET MARRIED?" Immediately followed by "WHEN'RE YA GONNA HAVE KIDS? WHEN'RE YA GONNA HAVE KIDS?" are generally people who are miserable in their own relationship, and knew that when they had their psycho out-of-control kids whom they refuse to raise.

Just say "As soon as your daughter/son turns 18."

That'll shut 'em up.

GregTivo
GregTivo HalfDork
8/21/10 9:12 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
poopshovel wrote: I've found that the people who say "WHEN'RE YA GONNA GET MARRIED? WHEN'RE YA GONNA GET MARRIED?" Immediately followed by "WHEN'RE YA GONNA HAVE KIDS? WHEN'RE YA GONNA HAVE KIDS?" are generally people who are miserable in their own relationship, and knew that when they had their psycho out-of-control kids whom they refuse to raise.
Just say "As soon as your daughter/son turns 18." That'll shut 'em up.

http://instantrimshot.com/

coolusername
coolusername New Reader
8/21/10 9:17 p.m.

i have two i can loan you at will!

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
8/21/10 10:58 p.m.

Working at a private school, I'm the only full-time male employee. I've been with my girlfriend 4 years now. I get "When are you planning to marry her?" a lot. When I explain that we're happy with what our relationship is, they then try to explain to me that they actually understand what my girlfriend wants (who I don't think any of them have ever met) better than I do.

People seem slightly puzzled by my typical response: "We're planning to not have kids anytime soon; which we agree is the primary need for marriage. It wouldn't substantially change the nature of our relationship. I also am more motivated to not get divorced than I am to get married."

Come to think of it, the one who gives me the most "advice" is a single mother.

I also hate the question, "So, is she the one?" I don't believe in 'the one'. She is a great partner, but she wouldn't be any better of a partner if she were my wife.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
8/21/10 11:47 p.m.

Wouldn't trade my kid for anything in the world, she is a real gem. That doesn't stop the obliviot questions.The ones that people use on me: 'why'd you start so late?' (answer: nunya damn bidness) and 'why don't you have another so she'll have a playmate?' Uh, 1) why should I have another kid because YOU think she needs a constant playmate to fight with continually? Isn't that what the neighborhood kids are for? and 2) I'm in the middle of a divorce, not much chance of that anytime soon, not that I plan to have any more. I don't see myself as a low budget Rod Stewart, thankyaverramuch.

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
8/21/10 11:50 p.m.

Rod says he's not gonna marry again. Next time he'll just find someone he hates, and give her a house.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/22/10 6:22 a.m.
jimbob_racing wrote: Some people in this thread share my thoughts. The planet is polluted, over populated, run by corrupt governments/corporations and could be facing a serious crisis with global warming (if you believe in that stuff-not trying to start and argument here). I can't see bringing more people into it. I was involved with a woman who had two small girls and I loved them to death. I would have been very happy to be in their lives but it didn't work out. That's the only way that I'll have children in my life, if I ever get involved with somebody who already has them.

I agree with you totally here. I would happily get involved with somebody who has kids.. I love the little buggers.. I love them so much I do not want to spread my chronic disease to any of them

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
8/22/10 9:17 a.m.

I have one son. I found later that due to some "women issues" we were lucky to have him. For years after my friend Art kept asking when we were having another.

Finally I asked why. It's not gonna happen just stop, why is this a concern for you?

"I want you guys to have a girl, between you and your wife, she's gotta have some KIND OF ASS!"

Oy.

wbjones
wbjones Dork
8/22/10 7:28 p.m.
Lesley wrote: Rod says he's not gonna marry again. Next time he'll just find someone he hates, and give her a house.

didn't know Rod had said that , but Lewis Grizzard did many yrs ago (after the last divorce (where she not only took the house but also took his Lab )

http://thinkexist.com/quotes/lewis_grizzard/

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AaZc6YxNgN5isRNrJ9c7y16CEmG1mcONjHntYxHfvOpd4PpA0kTM5xV1B09UIdck