imgon
imgon HalfDork
7/1/20 2:38 p.m.

The company I work for is looking into bidding on a project in Santa Rosa. I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone about permitting and fees for work at schools. In our area most times the local city inspector is the one you deal with and if the city owes the property they often waive the permit fees. Sometimes it is a state inspector. Well the city and the state offices I have called in CA have both said emphatically the other is responsible for permitting.  So has anyone done work in that area at public projects? Better still anyone have an email for an electrical inspector in Santa Rosa?

Toebra
Toebra Dork
7/1/20 5:40 p.m.

It is kind of a nightmare to do construction in California.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/2/20 9:54 a.m.

Can't help you much.  I used to work for a contractor in L.A.  It was just the two of us, but we had to have about 9 jobs at once just to keep working.  Excavate, then call for an inspection.  Pour the pad, then call for an inspection.  Stud walls, then call for an inspection.  Sheathing, then call for an inspection.  Lath, then call for an inspection..... repeat ad nauseum.

Every step was scrutinized.  You would work two days then wait a week for inspection.  You had to have at least a half a dozen jobs lined up so you could work on something during the weeks you were waiting for inspections.

Now that I live in Harrisburg PA, imagine my delight when the township said I don't need a permit for any unattached structure under 800 sf.  I was like....surprise

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XVtL2x4QKJOQjTI8krd8oaNpQ74oiurJz6pWBfkLLsGDZj4qQvFHey2N6nzPd7Lx