1 2
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/22/22 9:58 a.m.

Picture a cruise liner but it's formed out of hundreds of mini-subs. Basically, each cabin can come and go as it pleases. Yet they can link up to the main structure. 

My family went on this ship's maiden voyage, and it kept having technical issues–like, somehow all of the mini subs almost sinking together. One incident was caused by a burst hose. You entered this "ship" via gold-colored revolving doors. 

At one point, my brother and I came across a bucket of chimichangas, so we each grabbed one. 

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
7/22/22 10:02 a.m.

Had a crazy dream the other night, woke up, decided I did not wish to continue said crazy dream so I forced myself to stay awake for a little while. Fell back to sleep....right back into the crazy dream. I tried to force quit that stupid dream three more times that night until the alarm went off at 7. Guess my brain REALLY wanted me to have an action movie IMAX experience that night.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/22/22 10:10 a.m.

Was at a pool party. My mother's husband saw some welding parts and camera stuff I had just bought and decided to throw them away.  I chased after him yelling and he threw them away anyways. Then he turned to me and told me I wasn't gonna do E36 M3 about it.  I had just grabbed his collar, set my feet, and was throwing him over my hip for some ground'n'pound when I woke up.

Nicole Suddard
Nicole Suddard GRM+ Memberand Marketing Coordinator
7/22/22 10:13 a.m.

Last night I dreamed I worked in a city that was somehow both New York City and Paris at the same time, but I was commuting there on the train from Rhinebeck, so it must have been New York (but everyone was French???). When I stopped to grab breakfast during my walk from the train station somehow 4 hours passed, making me half a day late for work. I have no idea what my actual job was in this dream. I think it had something to do with an art gallery.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/22/22 10:26 a.m.

Had one last night where Batman was trying to bust Robin out of prison for some reason. Some real big guy says he's Robin. Batman walks up to him and sticks a tool that looks like a drill into the middle of his chest and powers it up. Robin, in his full outfit, then steps out of the big guy's chest Independence Day Alien-style. Says he enjoyed being taller for a change.

Don't remember much else than that.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/22/22 12:43 p.m.

I know I had one, but I forgot what it was about .25 seconds after I woke up. 

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
7/22/22 12:51 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Have you been licking toads again?

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
7/22/22 1:03 p.m.

https://www.tequila.net/media/reviews/photos/original/45/64/d2/1193_senorfrogstequilafamily_1244610923.jpg

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UltraDork
7/22/22 3:10 p.m.

A couple nights ago I vividly dreamed that a giant wolf got into the yard and I had to wrestle it into a chokehold, holding it still so my wife could shoot it.

But the real wtf is that I woke up in the morning feeling really stiff and sore all over. So I'm not sure what actually went on while I was sleeping...

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
7/22/22 3:16 p.m.

Not crazy, and I rarely remember dreams, but yesterday I woke up early from one where a good friend had offed himself. He's been having a rough patch for about 20 years and has been close before so it hit pretty hard. He's good and coming over Sunday for music and games. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/22/22 3:50 p.m.

Wandering around open backyards like you would do when you were a kid, I come up to a chest high planter box made out of landscaping blocks. The top was a homemade birdbath. I'm 7 year old kid hight.

What drew me over to it was rebar stubs sticking out of the bath about 5 inches. About 6 total. On top of a few of them, someone had stacked rocks about 4 high. I wanted to try. 

I get up to the box and notice there was a dead baby rabbit right in front of me. It was hammered flat. Gross. I back away and chuck a rock in its direction. I hear a wheezing, farting sound.  Then I  see the rock had hit a half submerged, full sized dead white rabbit. The eyes were gone, rotted out. The farting sound was gas escaping throughthe eye holes, one sputtering in the water, like when you'd blow bubbles in a glass of milk as a kid. 

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
7/22/22 4:33 p.m.

I owner a bi-turbo and had a 50 mile commute to work 

bluej (Forum Supporter)
bluej (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/22/22 7:36 p.m.

Kinda feel like I'm living one right now. 

Haven't remembered any dreams otherwise since I learned too much melatonin can give you crazy ones. That was some weird ish.

Gary
Gary UberDork
7/22/22 10:46 p.m.

I've been retired for eight years. I still have traumatic dreams about the pressures of my job. Last night I dreamed I just received (served with is a better way of saying it) a multi-million dollar RFP from GM with a due date next Friday.  Thing is, is that the Purchasing Department had a schedule to develop the RFPs, but for reasons to never be explained, didn't release the RFP until a very short time before their internal due date. Those RFPs normally took 80-100 hours of effort to do properly. Fine if you didn't have any other projects you were juggling, which I always did. And woe is me if I underestimated and we got the job, or overestimated and we lost it. So I needed to be precise. I was relieved when I woke up and realized I was just dreaming. PTSD? Perhaps.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/23/22 8:41 a.m.
Toyman! said:

I had a fascinating narrative a couple nights ago and woke up right before it got really interesting.  I cannot even remember what it was about.  I have found that I can remember the dream while awake right up to the point that I open my eyes and then poof, all gone.

The one that I can remember was that I had body-leaped into GHW Bush's body, and he was an admiral, and was being prepped for a meeting with the President, and I was trying to remember if I knew anything about Naval salute protocols. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/23/22 12:37 p.m.

I dreamt of a fast food restaurant that was open every day except the fourth Thursday of every month.

It was called Turk-fil-A.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
7/23/22 1:48 p.m.

I don't remember specifics, but I've had a lot of them since deciding to start hunting for a new job.

Had a very vivid one months ago after the major breakdown event where I was like, "I can't care about this company if the owner doesn't."

I was in the middle row in a mini-van while my dad and step mother were trying to drive me to a new school or something. But they had no idea where they were going and didn't want to touch the wheel, so I was madly trying to control the vehicle with a steering wheel from the middle seat, but I could hardly see anything with the headrest in front of me, and moving the steering wheel had an effect on the car, but it was delayed and kinda random. I eventually got the car steered onto an onramp where I told them, "Okay. We're on the path to get there. Just stay on the freeway for a while," and I leaned back to relax for a minute. Then looking out the side window, I realized they'd immediately turned onto the offramp. They were freaking out. It was on me to start driving the car from the middle row again and figure out where we were now.

...yeah... don't think you need a degree to interpret that dream...

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
7/23/22 3:03 p.m.

In reply to Gary :

I still have unpleasant dreams about my job 5 years after retirement

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/23/22 4:45 p.m.

That I was able to retire in 8 years...

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/23/22 4:59 p.m.
Toyman! said:

Bingo.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb UltraDork
7/24/22 10:21 a.m.

I went to work on a dairy farm. The farm was recently bought by a person that seemed to be fairly capable but was having panic attacks about having to talk to the cows, so it was my job to talk to the cows so they wouldn't have to.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb UltraDork
7/24/22 10:22 a.m.
M2Pilot said:

In reply to Gary :

I still have unpleasant dreams about my job 5 years after retirement

I still have unpleasant dreams about school and I graduated over 20 years ago.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/24/22 10:43 a.m.

I generally remember my dreams.  One thing has been popping up lately.  Within my dreams I will be walking along from A to B, a group of people takes me aside and insists that I owe money to someone from high school and they try to get me to pay it.

They are fairly calm and polite for enforcers, I explain that I'll happily pay if they let me know WTF I owe money for.  About at the time they are considering it I wake up.

This has happened in four or five separate dreams.

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Dork
7/25/22 10:24 a.m.

All the time, though last nights was WAY more weird than normal. No time to type it all now, and I will later, but here's some bulletpoints.

-I had to try to intimidate a foriegn world leader so he wouldnt blow up my port city. Fun fact, I dont live near the coast.

-The road ran into a lake with zero warning. And it wasnt gradual, just driving driving driving and OOPS! now it's 10' deep. And Im not a strong swimmer. 

-Willy Wonka. WTF. I never even watched the movies.

-My brakes wouldnt really work.

-My friend walked for 15 hours or so and lost over 50lbs. It was my fault, my dang brakes didnt work.

-Lived in a roach and rat infested home. 

WILD. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/25/22 10:27 a.m.

I had one last night.  I woke up in the dark, remembering all the details, and thought to myself, "I'll have to put this in David's thread," then went back to sleep.  Of course, this morning, I remember having the dream, but there's not a shred of the actual plot left to recount.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SNCdF59Y6ZZLl4WkF5tyaiBZEygaL5FwouaJNrGLX9jiAUPABjW6jpYQxcZ1RKXf