1 2
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/25/22 12:12 p.m.
Duke said:

I had one last night.  I woke up in the dark, remembering all the details, and thought to myself, "I'll have to put this in David's thread," then went back to sleep.  Of course, this morning, I remember having the dream, but there's not a shred of the actual plot left to recount.

Same, a couple nights ago...

GameboyRMH
7/25/22 12:32 p.m.

Another good thread on a similar topic, I posted a good one on page 3, it was very hard to find this thread so I'm glad it's not lost forever laugh https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/you-guys-are-really-screwing-with-my-dreams/161914/page1/

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/25/22 12:33 p.m.

Last night I dreamed that my 401k only had $3,000 in it and I was all that'll be fine to retire on 

Daylan C.
Daylan C. PowerDork
7/25/22 12:39 p.m.

I fell asleep on the couch scrolling through TikTok and the looping video next to my head caused a dream that felt like an entire day of trying to figure out why the voice in my head wouldn't stop while the fabric of reality fell apart. Things were not good.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
7/25/22 5:20 p.m.

I've talked about my highly entertaining, crazy dreams on here before. A few days ago, I had another one. 

I had a dream that two of my friends and my baby nephew were assimilated by the Borg from Star Trek. Instead of having all the implants they usually do in the shows, these were "new" Borg that had no visible implants. The three of them were found together unconscious and rushed to a hospital, and for some reason, I was notified and rushed there to see them. They were all in the same room, and they were unsure what happened, but somehow I knew. I also knew they were going to take over the planet, so I had to convince them not to. To do this, I showed them all the episodes of Star Trek where the Borg were the antagonists. I also brought my baby nephew some toys, including a wooden toy Borg Cube ship. He was not impressed with it and threw it at me. Apparently, he was in charge of the invasion, and didn't like that I was trying to talk him out of it. 

I woke up really confused. 

GeddesB
GeddesB GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/25/22 9:01 p.m.

Sanchez the dog. 

In this dream, we went to adopt a dog.  The place went went had an ugly little wire haired terrier mix they called Sanchez.  In their pitch to get us to take Sanchez, they show us all the obedience training and tricks he knew.  Really cool, we took Sanchez home.  We get him home and he is a great dog but won't do any of the tricks and obedience that they showed us.  I tried and tried, nothing.  So now I'm POed thinking something is up, so I go back.  I ask them what the Berkley, they asked me to show them what I was doing.  So I did.  He didn't flinch.  Then they tell him to do a trick and boom, off he goes.  They told me that Sanchez was trained in a big group of dogs, and in order to get him to do something you have to use his name (not the way our dogs were trained).  Sure as E36 m3, Sanchez is the answer.  

No Idea where any of this came from, but cheers, to Sanchez the dog. 

michaeldeng
michaeldeng None
7/26/22 12:24 a.m.

Had an extremely vivid one last night where I was working hard as an accountant and extremely passionate about my job... very weird when I woke up.

Justinspeed
Justinspeed
7/26/22 6:43 a.m.

What does the dream I had about a dragon with four wings flying around and spraying fire mean? laugh

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/26/22 6:56 a.m.

Had one where half of the artists I listen to pulled all their music from streaming services, claiming it was a failed experiment. 

Then I had to vacate a motel I was staying in as they were demolishing it while it was full of people.

Edit: oh yeah, and three of four tires on the Mazda were showing cord, and I couldn't convince the wife to get them replaced. The rear tires were flat spotted like it was towed with the parking brake on 

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 Dork
7/26/22 10:16 p.m.

I had a dream recently that I was back living in Northern Virginia when somebody nuked the Capital building during a State of the Union address.  I jumped on an adventure bike and rode until I hit West Virginia.  The ride was very vivid, bypassing lots of stuck traffic and scenes of carnage.  After that, the dream became about the aftermath of losing the Federal government.  States formed separate unions and mostly only shared within their unions.  Out west, some states began damming rivers to keep water for themselves.  That's when the states with nuclear missile silos and no water began threatening to launch nukes to break the dams.  There were other fights that broke out, and the whole country just disintegrated into a giant mess.  Eventually things calmed down and state governments began cooperating, but the country remained fragmented.  I woke up with my brain just buzzing, which is probably why I remembered so much of it.

This could make an interesting novel.  If only I was a better writer.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
7/26/22 11:09 p.m.

Do daydreams count??

This past weekend I came across two busses that are up for auction. I only found them by drive to my home a different way. (Road construction)  So I keep day dreaming up how I would build them into a RV. They are very nice looking buses, lot of large glass windows with a low driving stance. A decent looking front headlight area. One day was just remodel it into a home. Kitchen, bathroom, bedroom dinning area. The next time determinating how to turn the back into garage (for a Miata) and still have area for living. That is the best one so far. You need to have something else to drive around besides a bus.  Then the next one was vinyl wrapping the side windows that need to be covered. Or moving them to the roof for lighting. Very neat daydreams while doing other things

Now for the possible reality of these daydreams.....  MPG..... Ugh!  I think that with all the technology we have, we should have a bus that hauls around towns all day long would get better milage that  3.5 to 7 mpg.  Do the people that design theses engines and transmissions receive a check from oil companies? The research I did broke it down like this... the flat face of it causes too much drag.... the amount of people riding in it increases the average mpg (if they drove there own cars, the amount of fuel used would be more than the bus) Last but not least weight. I came up with the A/C running continously and the alternator load for lighting inside.

It still comes to mind about building it just to see if remodeling it would help. They are way cool looking buses to me.

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/27/22 8:09 a.m.

I woke up this morning from dreaming I was working on a carburetor.  I don't have any idea what kind, but what ever.

j_tso
j_tso HalfDork
7/28/22 8:51 a.m.

In last night's dream I was walking up a stairwell and there was a woman one level below walking up as well. I didn't feel threatened but felt like I had to outpace her. Went up 8 levels.

Weirdest one was a couple months ago where my neighbor was getting married to Hong Kong pop/film star Nicholas Tse. She has no ties or interest to Asia and I haven't seen him in anything in years.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/5/22 7:44 a.m.

Last night I had a dream about vintage Mercury outboards, in both 50 and 150 hp. 

The seaweed was growing in rows along the sandy lake bottom, and there were no giant granite boulders hiding just under the surface of the water, so it couldn't have been Lake Winnipesaukee. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
8/5/22 12:31 p.m.

I had a really, disturbingly odd one the other night. 

So, my wife and I have been watching old reruns of Beverly Hills 90210 (don't judge hahaha) and there was an episode we recently watched about the gang infiltrating a street racing club. Yes, completely ridiculous and hilarious as one would imagine. 

My dream ended up putting me in the episode with my Trans Am, and I was watching it on the couch like it was a real episode. I was in a restaurant bathroom washing my hands, and the character Steve (the one with the 90's Vette) pops in and asks me if it's my rusty Trans Am parked out front. I say yes, and he offers to bring me to the street racing club's secret races to make some cash. I say yeah, and I follow him to the spot. There's a bunch of 90's Pro Street stuff there, and I show up with my car, and Steve comes out and says, "The Flesh God says you can't race until the rust is fixed". I'm like, "What the berk is a Flesh God? Do I even want to know?" and then this weird bubbling organism comes out from the shadows that kind of looked like a bubbling steak and replaces all my rust holes with muscle and skin. Then I raced and won against a monochrome yellow '57 Chevy with a gray tweed interior, because it was the 90's, after all. 

Uhh... yeah. Maybe I was listening to the Symphonic Death Metal band Fleshgod Apocalypse earlier that day? Maybe my subconscious was telling me to finish the bodywork on my Trans Am? Maybe I was craving a steak? I have no clue. 

GameboyRMH
8/5/22 12:40 p.m.

^ 2 Fast 2 Cronenberg laugh

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
8/5/22 12:54 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Hahahaha! Exactly. Body Horror Street Racing! 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/5/22 12:58 p.m.

i dream of retirement every waking moment

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
8/5/22 1:06 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

I have been dreaming of modifying a 1948 Buick Roadmaster  woodie wagon. 
     It has a 320 cu in  straight 8  and very thick cylinder walls.   Stock compression is 6.6  so I was mentally reviewing piston charts  in order to find something closer to 9.0-1  I'm also convinced if I do that I can take two carburetors    from the smaller Buick Super  and make my own  Dual carb manifold.    The result would be as much horsepower as torque (220) 

In addition I was retrofitting the manual transmission  of the Buick super including 3 on the tree shift linkage. Instead of the Dynaflow that was introduced in 1948. 

Finally the  Buick drums are unique to the Roadmaster  being 2.25 inches wide  but I've been trying to figure out how to cast the aluminum fins  of the later Buicks over the cast Iron drums. 
Could it be as simple as one of those drums imprinting  into a sand casting and then a stock iron drum  placed exactly center. Then pour aluminum around it?   Should I chill the iron drum first or would the pouring of aluminum  heat it up enough to make it mute?   
     Yes I do have weird dreams but it's how I shut my brain off to go to sleep.  

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
8/5/22 1:15 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

i dream of retirement every waking moment

That is absolutely my worst nightmare.  

I hope to be game-fully  employed  my whole life.   I'm doing what I like to do.  Which is drive with all the skill I'm capable of.  

I'm impacting children  with a friendly greeting and hopefully helping some of them be  better citizens.   Seldom does a year go by without me feeling like I have reached one or two.  
      My income is at the comfort level. With any earnings going into my hobbies. 
 While I don't have the burden of extreme wealth. There is a great deal to say about comfort. 

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/5/22 2:04 p.m.

Had a dream this week, for the first time ever, that I was back in high school biology class, and the teacher was illustrating to the class how a snake's jaw can hinge open wider that usual when it wants to swallow something big.   He did that very demonstration in class, I now recall it like it was yesterday.

Like I said, first time I ever had this dream.  BTW, I graduated high school in the mid 80's, so it's been a while since that class.  No idea what brought that dream on.  Not really bothering me that I had that dream, but I'm mystified as to why.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/8/22 7:22 a.m.

I was on a hockey team with all of my neighbors in the area, practice was just ending and we hear this loud crash. We all rush outside to see what's going on

The adult son of one of my neighbors had some jerk run off the road and crashed into his property. He had three 80's box caprices, all with big blocks, and the guy crashed into all 3 of them somehow. He towed them over to the parking lot of the practice area to get them out of the way of the road for a brief period of time and I asked him what he was going to do with them.  He said he didn't know and I got excited and was going to introduce him to the idea of the Challenge and ask if he could sell one to me.

Before I could finalize the deal my best friend, who was Ron Weasley, comes over and says "Hey my dad and his brother want us to go and help them with something." So I put the challenge deal on hold and go off with Ron to figure out what the hell is going on with his dad and his Uncle.

Turns out his dad and his Uncle are reprobates, and they think it'll be a fun prank to steal a car that belongs to a business that has been screwing with them. Ron and I go along thinking we're just going to be the wheelman to drop them off, but we get there and they give us tools to go steal the car. Despite having never done it before, somehow we get in the car and start it and then drive off very carefully.  As we are leaving the gate we are noticed because Ron's Uncle sets fire to the place. What then followed was a scooby doo-esque chase where we thought we would get away and then suddenly one of the bad guys would show up and the chase would start all over again

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/22 4:28 a.m.

When people die, their existence turns into a life crystal, a short piece of music, and a short, usually misspelled, message.

Was watching video compilations of said music/messages on a TV in a living room that was set in an open air hallway on a raised floor between buildings.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eVvxC4HPEvBawGYBgxovbtGxA2EVMV68CsnDZXGnhGftYr7OvUmOlR0hHpVCYue6