1 2
keethrax
keethrax HalfDork
10/27/13 7:21 p.m.
Beer Baron wrote: In reply to keethrax: I will be checking in regularly. I probably will not be down there until a week from tuesday. She has been off meds for three months, is not in immediate danger, and she is overweight and does not have a car anymore (she claims it got vandalized and broke down... bur I suspect she actually just got paranoid). So there is not an immediate rush.

OK. No useful responses yet in any case, but I'll report back if/when there are any.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
11/2/13 1:10 p.m.

Long story short: got multiple panicked calls from family Monday. Scrapped my original plan. Drove 11 hours and arrived Tuesday afternoon. Four days trying to persuade her. I was unsuccessful. Drove 11 hours back Friday. Next step would be uniformed police forcibly removing her. I am exhausted and in a really crummy mood.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
11/2/13 3:04 p.m.

I have a severely bipolar older brother who married someone with borderline personality disorder. They both ditch their meds periodically and cause a buttload of drama and problems.

I feel your pain.

Sadly, I don't know of any solution. Just know that your not alone in this kind of thing. This kind of crap doesn't reflect on you, many of us get hit with it one way or another.

Me, I finally got to the point where I don't speak to him because of a large number of things.

Keep up the good fight and don't let it stop you from living your life.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
11/2/13 7:00 p.m.
Apexcarver wrote: Keep up the good fight and don't let it stop you from living your life.

This. At some point you have to decide whether they are going to run your life. Yes, it's a very hard decision and as someone who has been there I offer my condolences.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
11/2/13 7:03 p.m.

Ditto. And sometimes you have to make the painful decision to distance yourself. This I know from personal experience.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
7/29/20 6:13 a.m.

7 year old zombie thread that was bumped by a canoe

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2YLVS9t76JQaxxpUest4DSLytrstfqkvUX5BEIAbBO1LNrmDxovJM2Llzqv5ABeA