1 2
Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
4/21/17 12:20 p.m.

(Placeholder comment to check whatever I have in the garage that's worked very well for me the last 2-3 years, cordless and all. It's green, I know that.)

Brian
Brian MegaDork
4/21/17 6:10 p.m.

In reply to mattmacklind:

Just hold out for the Chicago Electric and not the Drill Master.

Mike
Mike SuperDork
4/21/17 6:47 p.m.

I've invested in the Kobalt 40v system, and have had their line trimmer for two seasons now. I hate line trimmers in general, but this one has been the best so far. I'm pleased with the weight, battery life and performance.

mattmacklind
mattmacklind UltimaDork
4/25/17 9:26 a.m.

In reply to Jerry:

OK, so I spotted this at Aldi of all places. Caught the ad too late, as they sell out to quickly. After buying auto feed levers again to replace it on my old B&S corded, I ended up picking up a B&S cordless that was on sale for $55 that takes the same spools as my corded one, so I can keep using my stock. Anyway, I was close but no cigar on HF. Looks like Aldi beat them to the punch but if you're not there when they show up you're out of luck as you can't call the store or order on line. They were gone within a day.

photo Aldi Weedeater_zps6jdscrgl.jpg

slefain
slefain PowerDork
4/25/17 2:53 p.m.
mattmacklind wrote:  photo Aldi Weedeater_zps6jdscrgl.jpg

Damn, only available in Australia.

einy
einy Reader
4/26/17 6:27 p.m.

Love the Ryobi 24volt that I have. Line was supposedly non-refillable, but I figured out pretty quick how to do it. Been in service three years now and its still going strong. Yard is 2/3 acre with tree line trimming part of the every other trimming routine, with sidewalk and driveway edged every time. Makes me wanna replace the gas powered pita to start blower REAL soon !!

oldrotarydriver
oldrotarydriver New Reader
4/27/17 2:38 p.m.

And here I went the opposite direction with a Toro gas-powered device, because I'd been fast-pitching Black & Decker batteries downrange every five minutes. I'm dealing with a 1/2 acre of fence line, trees and hedges, so trekking back to the house every 10 minutes for another dead battery got old fast.

The new cordless trimmers may be good, but save your sanity and avoid Black & Decker. "Fool me twice, shame on me!"

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
4/27/17 2:45 p.m.

I also bought the 80V Kobalt. It works really well. It will easily trim my entire yard on one charge at least once. I have a small yard, but definitely a few hundred feet of linear fence line and house-border to trim.

A plus is that it will accept the generic add-on attachments Lowes also sells. I bought the blower for sweeping the sidewalk after mowing along with a hedge trimmer and pole-saw (with extension).

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/27/19 3:14 a.m.

Spam deleted 

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
QZzffRBOZESxs4wcrS8uj0Qa2glqwm1RxuhIvTuhPDl2ntQPxJoBzSYWBVelpLFb