1 2 3 4
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/6/21 5:37 p.m.

In CO, it's the temporary increase in assistance that's causing the problem. It's not a long term situation, it's a step change since last year. The construction industry is really sucking wind, their worker pool is getting paid too well not to work. A year or two ago, it wasn't this difficult.

I suppose it's possible they've all opened up Etsy shops or something but it seems a little too widespread.

I am all for helping those in a pinch, but the implementation has to be done well.

tester (Forum Supporter)
tester (Forum Supporter) Reader
8/6/21 6:04 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

RevRico Custom Gaskets!!  

$$$$$$ smiley

Sparkydog
Sparkydog HalfDork
8/18/21 9:42 a.m.

WSJ article about container ship jam up #2. Seaport jam. Real life example of the beer game.

racerdave600
racerdave600 UltraDork
8/18/21 10:10 a.m.

We are an OEM dealing with electronic assemblies, and this has been an ongoing issue for a few years now.  It is not just covid, but the increase of electronics in most everything from cars to washing machines.  Demand has gotten so high for some components that we are experiencing 32 plus week lead times for simple capacitors.  And since we are not that large, we are in bidding wars with the likes of Apple and GM to get the scraps.  Most of the companies that produce them aren't all that excited about adding additional lines in case demand drops, and even if they do add more capacity, it would take a year or so just to see an easing.  It doesn't stop there, even material for molded plastics is in short supply.

It's pretty much the perfect storm for parts supply unforunately.  

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
8/18/21 10:37 a.m.

Ordered Italian motorcycle parts from MG Cycle on Aug 2, thye showed up yesterday and that includes crossing an international border.

I'm pretty happy other than my Italian motorcycle parts came in a box with Italian writing on the outside and German instructions on the inside. laugh

Trent
Trent PowerDork
8/18/21 10:57 a.m.

The biggest inconvenience we have had to endure is wool carpet. Either Wilton wool or German squareweave. I have heard stories from vendors that last years wool harvest was never processed and left to rot so we have to wait for the next harvest to allow production to happen again.  I have no idea how true that is. Vendors will tell you anything to get you off their back. One of them even made up a crazy story about a boat blocking the Suez canal cheeky

Last week I went looking for a simple bluetooth single DIN stereo and everything the Crutchfield website recommended was out of stock!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gjMaxsn8aB8KI7Ce0lvZe0AmFjPjELJlN42NpCu4WSQzexkwVuFmwixf1SssmTON