The
The HalfDork
3/7/14 10:02 p.m.

Are they any good, are they worth $1000.00 https://www.google.com/#q=Ranger+BL-3500+QuickJack is there anything better, cheaper etc......

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition Dork
3/7/14 10:30 p.m.
The wrote: Are they any good, are they worth $1000.00 https://www.google.com/#q=Ranger+BL-3500+QuickJack is there anything better, cheaper etc......

Go over to garagejournal.com. There are a couple threads on these.

Better, cheaper for what purpose? From what I've seen, these are great for lifting a light car at the track. If you don't care about portability, a scissor lift may be better at home. Depends on what you are looking for. There is a 5000 lb version in the works that is supposed to start shipping soon.

Probably the closest thing to these is the EZ Car Lift, which requires a power drill and costs twice as much.

The
The HalfDork
3/8/14 8:08 a.m.

i dont need a portable one, i only lift side by side atv's, 1500 lbs

glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/8/14 8:17 a.m.
If you don't care about portability, a scissor lift may be better at home. Depends on what you are looking for.

Could you elaborate on that for me? Why would a scissor lift be better? What advantage would a scissor lift bring that this is deficient?

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition Dork
3/8/14 9:47 a.m.
glueguy wrote:
If you don't care about portability, a scissor lift may be better at home. Depends on what you are looking for.
Could you elaborate on that for me? Why would a scissor lift be better? What advantage would a scissor lift bring that this is deficient?

A scissor lift will lift higher and heavier, for example. Again, it depends on what you need and what you will do with it as to whether one system is "deficient" over another.

I don't know what the alternatives are for 1500 lb ATVs. Maybe there are motorcycle lifts that are suited?

Sonic
Sonic SuperDork
3/8/14 9:49 a.m.

I just got one for my birthday, it isn't here yet but I will post my impressions once it is. With all of the lemons racing we do, the super portability is really perfect, having a lift at the track will be really nice, and it will work well in my small home garage for oil changes and whatnot.

The
The HalfDork
3/8/14 12:37 p.m.

yeah, i see this one will not work for me most of my sxs's are alreday 20"s off the ground, i have to get something that is going to lift higher than 20"....

glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/9/14 10:19 a.m.
Sonic wrote: I just got one for my birthday, it isn't here yet but I will post my impressions once it is. With all of the lemons racing we do, the super portability is really perfect, having a lift at the track will be really nice, and it will work well in my small home garage for oil changes and whatnot.

Please do. I'll be very interested in real world feedback. The ability to separate all of the key pieces and "put this away" in a busy multi-use home garage is what is so appealing about this one.

The
The HalfDork
3/9/14 10:49 a.m.

for my use on large atv's i getting the TITAN XLT 1500 LB MOTORCYCLE LIFT thanks for the input.

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
3/9/14 10:07 p.m.

I'm holding out for the 5k model. I already have a 10k pad lift in the garage, but it's usually in use and this would be great to pull out and use when needed then put back up.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IC6ZOEgymiYVWom6f0D5lcij27dbuIXikGpC14IxSVeJJekhGZ4M1q0Ff9ZjhWBH