WilberM3
WilberM3 HalfDork
1/3/11 3:23 p.m.

i dont get enough fruits or veggies in my diet by my own stupid choices and i have the feeling that i'd much prefer to simply drink em down for most of the benefit while concocting some hopefully tasty mixes at the same time. buying bulk and juicing looks to be way cheaper long term than buying v8 juice or similar in any kind of quantity, but ive never used one.

i remembered the fuzzy eyebrowed old guy Jack Lalanne and his juicer infomercials from high school and it looks like his brand is still around.... and possibly the best?

anybody use his or can recommend a different one? are they a good idea but end up under the counter eventually? nasty to clean?

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
1/3/11 5:16 p.m.

Champion Juicer.

porksboy
porksboy SuperDork
1/3/11 8:57 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA3EyRxdLYA

I should probably do the same as you. Cant be any worse than not eating them.

pete240z
pete240z SuperDork
1/3/11 9:00 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: Champion Juicer.

x 2.

I carrot juiced daily for 1 year and felt great. My eyesight was better. The Champion model processes the juice better than others. The motor on the Champion model is giant. Juicing is the best thing for you.

The effort to daily juice 3# of carrots was a lot. I tapered off.

pete240z
pete240z SuperDork
1/3/11 9:05 p.m.

http://www.championjuicer.com/

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
1/4/11 4:18 a.m.

My choice would be the FF 2000.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
1/4/11 6:43 a.m.

This thread is

pilotbraden
pilotbraden Reader
1/4/11 7:56 a.m.

I used a girlfriends juicer, it worked well. I found that the big 50# bag of deer bait carrots were the best deal. Often less tha $5.

pete240z
pete240z SuperDork
1/4/11 9:01 p.m.

your suggestion encouraged me to look around - so I juiced 1# of carrots, 10 tart Michigan apples, and two stalks of celery and had 2 giant glasses of juice to drink down, Yum!

I used to experiment with fruits and veggies and found that beets were the worst. Messy and an earthy taste. Yuck!

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
XgJ8pICczL2vFc3XxABD3MWaY23AoLUeBBhFfbZSISFlcaiW0aZnQ2EOL34j19C5